Dirty Girl Mud Run

Options
I did a search and read a few tips, but just curious since there were some that had yet to do their run had some tips for me. What would some good shoes be? I am working on getting the running down, I can run a couple miles but any other tips would be greatly appreciated. My run isn't until June but I am very excited about it and want to get started right away :) thanks in advance for the help.

Replies

• atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    How far is the distance? I've done the warrior dash which is 5km, then the tough mudder which is 11 -12 miles.. if its just a short one, you don't really need to prep. I used soccer shoes for the short one, it helped grip the hills.. but really any shoes will do.
  • dezwark
    dezwark Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    it's a 5k
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think you want to wear anything new or nice. Most of the running is through open fields and muddy pits. At the end of the race, the organizers let everyone dump their muddy shoes into a big pile to be donated to a charity (they will be cleaned first by someone.)
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing the one in my area in July as well. Looking forward to the challenge
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wear old shoes. your shoes will be ruined by the end. there's a huge pile of donated shoes.

i definitely wouldnt buy new shoes for it.

in fact i have 3 pair of old shoes that i'm not throwing out because i'm saving them for wear during mud runs
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Go get fitted at a running store for proper running shoes for your training. Now would be a good time, because they'll be good and worn out by when you run the race in June, so the race can be the last hurrah for this pair.