What Do You Eat When You're Out To Eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I eat out a lot! I have found healthier options at every restaurant I have been to. Grilled or baked chicken and fish are good options Also lean sirloin steak is a good one. If I am having fast food I stay with grilled chicken or salad.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

3) Focus on dishes that most heavily feature protein and veggies.

Yes, like burgers and fries. :flowerforyou:
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I rarely go for the salad because restaraunt salads suck. I usually go for something similar to what I eat ate home with veggies and not a lot of bells and whistles in the ingredients. Nothing creamy or fried.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If I'm trying to lose weight? I eat the burger, no bun.
    Or find a chicken caesar salad.
    The rest of the time I just skip the french fries.

Or I order a steak and veggies
    or chicken and veggies.

I stay away from the pastas and pizzas in most restaurants.

we eat at asian restaurants a lot, so then I get sushi. Or meat/broccoli.

Basically, I avoid sauces and breads when I eat out lol.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Small steak, fish, grilled shrimp, sushi, fish tacos, chicken sandwiches, and yeah, sometimes a burger or pizza.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I believe what she means is, it's not about dieting, it's about changing your habits and your lifestyle for the rest of your life.

If you don't plan on giving up burgers forever, don't give them up now. Try fitting them into your calorie goal, or eating it without the bun. Another option is to sub salad for the fries.

Thank you for coming to my rescue while I was off line.

I cannot live in a world when I don't permit myself to eat pizza, ice cream and such things. I used to eat them all of the time!! I don't do that now. I have them every now and then and I don't think I've hard really ice cream but maybe 3 times since May. I eat frozen yogurt.