Crystal Light

Wondering if Crystal Light can be used as my water intake. :glasses:

Replies

• tdreamprn
    tdreamprn Posts: 4 Member
    Great question! I was wondering the same thing!
  • I don't see why not if you also log the powder portion of it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Yes.
  • Log the water used with it, but log the powder too. That's what my fiance does.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,176 Member
    Log the water used with it, but log the powder too. That's what my fiance does.

I do the same thing.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Water is water is water, no matter what you put in it. Count the water, just log what you put in it as calories.
  • small4me
    small4me Posts: 45 Member
    Yes, so long as you have some 'plain' water for at least 4 glasses!!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 486 Member
    Log the water used with it, but log the powder too. That's what my fiance does.

I do the same thing.

Me, too!
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    I don't see why not if you also log the powder portion of it.
    This is exactly what I do
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    I spilled Crystal Light on my counter a few months ago and it took the finish off.. after reading some reviews on it also saw that its not the best option available when you are trying to lose weight... Mio & regular fresh lemon or fruits and/or teas are other options too

It may increase you wanting sweets as well:

Headaches and Weight Gain
    According to author H. J. Roberts in "Aspartame: Is it Safe?" aspartame can also cause headaches. These headaches are an allergic to aspartame. In addition, this artificial sweetener may trigger the onset of migraines if you are prone to having migraine headaches. Further, aspartame can also lead to weight gain for some people, claims Roberts. Aspartame's extreme sweetness may cause you to experience increased cravings for sweet foods and beverages, which could lead to weight gain if you eat more food as a result of the cravings.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/449333-why-is-aspartame-bad/#ixzz2HEl9BMWO
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194

Why?
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member

Why?

Exactly.... why?
  • Dieticians and nutritionists have a lot of different opinions about this, but generally speaking anything that doesn't have caffeine can be used toward your daily water intake. The closer it is to pure water the better, because it won't elevate your blood sugar levels, sodium levels, or dehydrate you (like caffeine), but many people don't like plain water, or don't have access to safe drinking water.

So basically, yes. Crystal light is fine (as long as you understand the different studies about aspartame and other sweeteners).
  • Thank you Cynthia, that is very informational.:flowerforyou:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Dieticians and nutritionists have a lot of different opinions about this, but generally speaking anything that doesn't have caffeine can be used toward your daily water intake. The closer it is to pure water the better, because it won't elevate your blood sugar levels, sodium levels, or dehydrate you (like caffeine), but many people don't like plain water, or don't have access to safe drinking water.

So basically, yes. Crystal light is fine (as long as you understand the different studies about aspartame and other sweeteners).
    Almost correct. It's been shown that the effect of dehyration from coffee and tea is negligible for regular drinkers.
    It's been discussed and cited on this site ad nauseum.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Yes, anything you're drinking has some water in it- that doesn't mean drink 8 cups of coke a day and say you got your water though. crystal light is like 99% water, so it's totally okay to count that. Plain water is still tops though.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
    I use crystal lite in my water. But I have a glass of water(16oz) and only but in half the packet. If I put the whole packet it's to sweat.