is it ok to?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    If it fits in you calorie goals then go for it. Personally, I don't consider fast food burgers a "real" burger though...that's just me...If I'm going to get a burger, it's going to be a damned good burger and more likely than not to make it myself and throw it on the grill. Nothing inherently wrong with hamburger BTW...if you do 95% lean, the sat fats are only like 3 grams per serving and 150 calories... and a burger is an excellent source of protein. And yes, you do need fat in your diet, so don't worry about it unless your saturated fats are soaring. Healthy unsaturated fats are very good for the heart, brain, and nervous system support. Stay away from Trans fats (partially hydrogenated oils)...I don't eat fast food at all, but I know they used to use trans fats in their fryers, so you might want to look into that. I think a lot of them have switched to vegetable oil, but like I said...I don't do fast food so I have no idea what they're using anymore.
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    wow! thankyou guys for the kind responses.

this made me worry less and now im going to get my burger tomorrow and work out an hour and 30 minutes on my bike to burn it off!!

thanks a bunchies! <3
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I don't like being deprived either. And I'm doing the low carb lifestyle so there are a lot of things off limits. I'm fine with most of it but sometimes I cook something or we have something on the lunch line at work that I really want. So I will eat 1 French fry or about 5 pinto beans or my very most favorite thing at work...those strawberry bananas!! I will dig out one strawberry. The cafeteria workers at school laugh at me but it satisfies my craving and I am happy with my salad again! Buy your friend a burger and cut about 1/4 of it off for yourself. Then you can enjoy it without getting that yucky feeling afterward nearly as bad. And 1/4 of the calories is much better than a whole big burger!! Just log it and work it off! ENJOY!