Weekend Workout Motivaton

Options
Okay, So, I've noticed that during the weekend, I may eat about the same, (even less actually), but I don't get any workout...any tips? I technically don't have an excuse because I have Wii fit and stuff for home, but, still..the motivation isn't there.

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to make myself do it first thing. Don't eat first or anything. During the week I think having more structure helps, and my weekends usually have less so I find myself putting it off too much. First thing and it's done.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard because weekends are meant for relaxing. I try to think of working out like household chores. I have to do the dishes and the laundry and Sundays so I have to work out too. It's like brushing my teeth or taking out the trash. It just needs to be done on a regular basis.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Um, just get up and do it. not really that complicated. I get up and work out usually Sautrday and sunday unless sunday is one of my planned rest days..... and I'm running in the cold early on saturday mornings, so if I can do that, you can get up and do some wii.

how's that? ;)
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Make plans with a friend or group to do something active or do it early in the AM and have it behind you. I am in a running group and knowing that I get to hang with some awesome people make me want to do it
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It's all about routine for me.

Wake up
    coffee
    work 1 hour
    go to gym
    work more hours

No motivation needed, it's just what I do!
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! just joined this week. i agree with the early morning on weekends. it's a challenge at first, but once you do it a few times and it becomes a ritual...you wont have that problem with motivation. besides, once you start your workouts you'll feel even better and burn more calories over the span of the day. then you have the rest of the day to do as you so wish. good luck.