favorite workout?

Options
what is or what was your favorite workout when you first started and were out of shape?

Replies

• sveltekitty
    Options
    Yoga. and the Elliptical trainer.

Swapped the elliptical for running. Still LOVE LOVE LOVE yoga.
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Walk off the Pounds: A mile each day with Leslie Sansone.

http://www.walkathome.com/about/leslie-sansone/

Oh, and I love yoga, too. Great for beginners and those who are out of shape.

http://www.peggycappy.net/
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I liked jump rope. I couldn't do it for more than a few seconds at a time, but I liked that it was simple, and I could listen to music. The music kept me going. I could just jump for a few seconds, catch my breath, and then go a few seconds more... and I would try to keep going until the song was over.

I think when you're first starting out, it's important to choose something simple that you can do frequently so that you build up a habit. Do whatever your body can do and keep it up until you're in a habit of working out regularly.
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    Walking! Walking! Walking! I have MS and I could only do 10mins in the beginning. Now I'm doing 2+ everyday! I still hurt but I can at least walk.
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Belly dance! It's so much fun!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Walking, elliptical, POP Pilates and or 30ds :D
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo. I couldn't finish a workout without pausing the video every 5 or 10 minutes, but eventually I made it all the way through. I still love Billy Blanks!
  • Eifersucht
    Options
    TurboJam. For the first week I only did the Learn and Burn segment. After the first week I did the Learn and Burn and the 20 minute workout. When I became more comfortable with the moves I stopped doing the Learn and Burn and started working AbJam, TurboSculpt, and Cardio Party into the rotation. =)
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I counted steps and I would push myself to finish the day. I even counted the steps walking around my house doing chores it added up quickly. I also would go for a extra walk to finish up my count. I live in Florida so when it gets really hot I drive to my local Walmart and browse the store and get my steps in. There were times where I didn't even buy anything. Turns out I wasn't the only person to walk around Walmart on a daily basis. It works out well too my local Walmart is open 24 hours. I also like to walk around Sam's Club lots of space to walk around and browse.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have always worked out even when overweight and have always preferred group exercise classes--Body Combat, Step, Zumba and my running/walking group
  • gvanleer
    gvanleer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has to be RPM (Spinning). Love those workouts and you burn a lot of calories. I think any workout with music is motivating. Just take it easy to start with and build your resistance and pace. Be careful though - it's addictive!
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love running. The rush I get from it is amazing.