Calorie fear/regular binges!

Options
Hi all, I recently just broke a very frustruating 9 week plateau by eating 1200-1300. I also exercise an hour a day (30 mins exercise bike and jillian michaels) burning around 300-400 calories....but i don't eat my calories back, causing me to feel extremely hungry and tired. I was eating around 1300 calories before the plateau but only worked out for 30 minutes a day. Anyway, my hunger causes me to eat a lot more calories at least 1 day in the week, in the region of 2000-2500 calories, and the food is not always clean :embarassed:

I would up my calories or at least eat my exercise calories back but that didnt work during the plateau so im scared of seeing a gain or another plateau occuring when it took so long to get off the first one! Really don't know what to do :(

Here are my stats:

5'2.
Current weight: 143 lbs Goal weight: 115-120
Bmr: 1,382
Tdee: 2142

I usually have cereal for breakfast (bran flakes mostly), a small sandwich for lunch and my dinner is usually a carb dish, rice with chicken and veg or pasta with tomato sauce, mince meat and veg. I only snack if i have enough calories left over.

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    So you're eating your BMR minus exercise? I'd be grouchy and tired.

Your TDEE - 20% is closer to 1600. Eat that and see where you are in 4 weeks. Re-evaluate then.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest you eat your TDEE
  • CynthiaBewley
    Options
    It sounds like you may not be getting the variety of nutrients you need to keep yourself from feeling fatigued and tired. When I first lost weight, I was not eating very much iron and therefore constantly felt tired and fatigued. There are a variety of things that can cause a tired feeling other than nutrients as well.

One thing that often times gets overlooked is depression. In many cases, when people are experiencing depression they will feel tired, and their bodies will prevent them from losing any weight.