Better-For-You Milkshakes! Give me yours. :)

Scandinavia
Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
Hey there! I am on a milkshake kick, and I'm rather new to them, so I want more ideas. Here's my favorite recipe :

1 Cup Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
1/2 TBS of Preserves (I like Raspberry the best)
1TBS Hershey's Chocolate Powder
1tsp Sugar
5 ice cubes

Blend together and enjoy! Depending on ingredients, this is around 200 calories. I like to add a 1/4 cup of strawberry or chocolate ice cream too, if I can spare the extra 50 calories. ;)

Replies

• Frozen banana, 1 cup almond (or other) milk, 1-2 Tbs peanut butter, 1-2 Tbs cocoa powder, and blend! I love to add spinach to this because you can't taste it at all! Tastes like a chunky monkey milkshake. I have been known to put actual chocolate chips in as well to make it chunky.

Another great shake (although more of a smoothie) is frozen banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup spinach, 1 Tbs sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter), cinnamon and ice. Blend and enjoy! I throw protein powder in too. So delicious and healthy.

Any of these if your bananas aren't super ripe you can add a touch of honey or maple syrup, but I find if I freeze the bananas when they are quite ripe then you don't need the sweetener.