Uses for Coconut Milk

Options
Bought some Silk Pure Coconut (Vanilla) milk and Hubby & 4y/o are a no-go. I love coconut but must admit it's like drinking tanning lotion. I am planning to try (a 2nd go) at brown rice pudding w/ coconut milk in it but what other ways could you suggest for using this?

Replies

• swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I replaced the regular milk in my home made bread with coconut milk. It was fabulous and both my son and husband really enjoyed it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    It's good in coffee or on cereal.

I like regular milk for my milk uses.....I dunno, I like to keep it simple and healthy. Are you allergic to milk or intolerant in some way?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened coconut milk on a daily basis. It doesn't taste at all like coconut (I get so delicious or trader joe's unsweeteend) -- I use it in protein shakes and in baking. I did try to make some sugar free pudding for my fiance with it, and it never set so I guess it's not good for that. ;)
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk in my Indian and Thai recipes.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Smoothies.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I prefer coconut milk, so that's strange. But I really like it in cereal, smoothies, desserts and I make my oatmeal with it.

:) Good luck
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's good in coffee or on cereal.

I like regular milk for my milk uses.....I dunno, I like to keep it simple and healthy. Are you allergic to milk or intolerant in some way?

Hubby gave up milk and drinks only almond milk (well - about 99% of time only almond milk... unless it's ice cream) - his BP dropped 20 points by cutting out cows milk (he was allergic to cows milk growing up but not bad enough to not drink it in college (when mom wasn't buying the groceries). I like almond milk on my cereal - adds more flavor. We still have whole for the baby and super skinny 4 y/o... but just thought we'd try the coconut milk.

Thanks for all the ideas - I did try it in my oat meal this morning - pretty good there.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have used it in my protein drink and in oatmeal otherwise I use almond milk in everything else.
  • mercurysballad
    mercurysballad Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If you buy canned coconut milk you can make whipped cream from it by putting it in a mixer.