Strange Biggest Loser recipe for Turkey Egg Cups

Options
misty879
misty879 Posts: 16
I read a recipe somewhere and tried my hand at it tonight. I thought it was interesting, but the kids didn't! LOL

Using a muffin pan sprayed with Pam, line the cups with pieces of deli turkey or chicken..

Add a spoonful of salsa to each cup. I used Rotel.

Crack an egg and pour the white in the cup on top of the salsa.

Bake for 10 minutes or so... I don't know how long I actually baked them, I just kept looking to make sure they weren't burned!

Remove from pan onto plate and immediately sprinkle with shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

It is very strange, but I thought it was tasty! I think next time, I'll use like 6 whole eggs and just divide it between the cups instead of just using the whites. .The yolk gives it a little more 'meaty' flavor.

If you try it let me know!

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    What temperature did you bake them at? Just curious
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That is so funny - when i was a kid i remember my betty crocker cookbook for kids had a ham cup with egg in it recipe made the same way! I remember making it for my parents. Thanks for the memories, i will have to try it again!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    It sounds good... yes, maybe with the whole eggs the children will appreciate it more.. :bigsmile:
  • Adam13523
    Adam13523 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have had this with ham for breakfast, I skip the cheese (now). Slap it on an english muffin or the new orowheat sandwich thins and you have a pretty good sandwich in the morning.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :smile: Sounds good AND easy. I may try this soon. If I do, I will let you know how it is. Did you say how hot the oven was? Or could you maybe do it in the microwave.
  • Adam13523
    Adam13523 Posts: 25
    Options
    I use a toaster oven at 350, spray the muffin pan with cooking spray, line with ham, turkey, whatever, add a spoon of ot sauce, salsa, etc. crack an egg, let cook for 10-12 minutes (i think), and your done.
  • justdawn
    justdawn Posts: 2
    Options
    Very interesting.. just try :)
    Thanks for sharing.
  • viliberty
    viliberty Posts: 74
    Options
    Certainly a "must try" recipe. Thanks!
  • iamalexa
    iamalexa Posts: 53
    Options
    bump
  • Luvmyisagenix
    Options
    Bump!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    bump
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    my husband does low carb and make egg cups all the time. I crack about six eggs, add a little milk, sometimes cream, and whatever spices I want and wisk it. I put whatever breakfast meat we have, I like sausage, and than top them with cheese. You only fill the sprayed half way... they grow! Then they sink. Usually 350 for about 15-20 minutes. Throw them in a ziplock and they are good for about a week. They are good with a little ketchup too!
  • slm638
    slm638 Posts: 64
    Options
    I've made this with black forest ham, crack the egg in, add a splash of milk and a bit of shredded cheese. Bake at 325 for about 12 min or until eggs are set