Biggest Loser Starts tonight

Options
Last year I was so disappointed with the show, that I skipped over alot of the episodes. Do yo think it will be different this time? Gillians back! Hope there isn't alot of back stabbing drama.

Replies

• lisab0864
    lisab0864 Posts: 154
    Options
    I'm excited for the new season -- LOVE that Jillian is back and also LOVE Bob and Dolvett... I sure hope it isn't like the last season -- I watched every episode but really didn't care who won...
  • lmbs1966
    lmbs1966 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope they don't have brothers and sisters, or friends, I hope everyone has to go in alone, form relationships and help one another with positive attitudes instead of just worrying about the money aspect and just "playing" the game.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I find the whole premise of the show to be the worst of the exploitation based "reality" shows.
    Starve the participants then over exercise them, then humiliate them when they break do to the extreme starvation. Nothing they "learn" in the show is sustainable.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Last year I was so disappointed with the show, that I skipped over alot of the episodes. Do yo think it will be different this time? Gillians back! Hope there isn't alot of back stabbing drama.

I hope they yell at the fatties and give the public totally unrealistic expectations regarding weight loss, oh wait...
  • lmbs1966
    Options
    The show does motivate me though, I usually walk on the treadmill when watching it, although I stop before I have to puke, and noone yells at me to get back on. lol
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love the show! This season is young obese teens only. I have heard there will be no vote off, just helping them learn good eating and exercising habits. Many premises of the show will be changed. Can't wait to see!:smile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Out of over 200 contestants, about 20 have kept it off. That's 10% which is about average for any dieting plan. It's great for ratings though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Don't watch the American one, but the Australian one is the same. It starts at the end of this month I think and is mother/father with son/daughter teams.
  • lmbs1966
    Options
    I do like that they air the " where are they now" and show updates of former contestants.
  • I can't wait! I'm at work until 11 but I have it auto tapped!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I love the show! This season is young obese teens only. I have heard there will be no vote off, just helping them learn good eating and exercising habits. Many premises of the show will be changed. Can't wait to see!:smile:

There are only 3 kids, and no they will not do weigh-ins. But there are still the regular contestants that will
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    Options

That's a fantastic development. I hope it doesn't hit the ratings. I have found the Ozzie version to be best, then the US then the (I assume low budget) UK one.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I plan to watch on DVR during my workout...nothing like hearing Jillian yelling at people to keep me going!
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to see people struggle with their weight I'd go to my family reunion
  • Kristen_nicole95
    Kristen_nicole95 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love the show and I love all the trainers, especially Jillian!
  • lmbs1966
    Options
    I love the show and I love all the trainers, especially Jillian!
    I LOVE Bob!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I find the whole premise of the show to be the worst of the exploitation based "reality" shows.
    Starve the participants then over exercise them, then humiliate them when they break do to the extreme starvation. Nothing they "learn" in the show is sustainable.

I, too, hate this show. it's so ridiculous, and I hate that people get so into it and that it's on tv at all. Jillian michael's and all of them should be ashamed to be a part of this.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to see people struggle with their weight I'd go to my family reunion

i lol-ed.

after reading some "behind the scenes" articles of the show, my semi-positive view of it has changed. it's scary what they force you to do once you've signed away all your rights & privacy.
  • sweetie_pi88
    sweetie_pi88 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this season. TBL always motivates me to continue pushing myself.
  • lessofkimberly
    lessofkimberly Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I really enjoy the show. I think they plan on doing things different this season. What I don't like...is that Bob completely changed his FB page. It is now a sales site. He no longer communicates with his friends. I am really disappointed in him, as I have been a huge(no pun intended) fan for years! He really inspired me and I have no way of communicating that to him. Anyway for those who watch enjoy!