Sleep!!

Options
I've been on vacation since Jan 1 - so it hasn't been an issue this past week....but normally I only get 4.5 - 5.5 hours of sleep each night. This past week I've been getting 8-9 hours and it has been so wonderful!!! Anyways - how many hours of sleep do you get each night? I know I'm supposed to get at least 6 hours, but it just doesn't happen. I'm not an insomniac, but the night just creeps up too fast sometimes.

How do you stay motivated to cook/work-out if you're tired? That's always my biggest excuse each day...I'm too tired...let's go out to eat....or I'm too tired, don't feel like working out.

Replies

• Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I would die if I didn't get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. It's not healthy for you to get less than that. As you can see - you're tired! Are you a napper? Can you fit a nap in during the day/weekends?

I work full-time so I can't nap during the week but on the weekends, I indulge in 2 hour naps on Saturday and Sunday. At our house we call that "quiet time" - hubs watches tv or plays on his iPad and my 9 year old will play his games or sometimes nap with me. It's become a routine and we really enjoy it.

My daily routine is in bed by 9 or 9:30 and up at 5:30 for work (M-F)

Weekends are up around 8 or 9 am - nap between 2-4pm and bed around 10 pm.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    About 6-7 hours. I definitely get tired and want to go out or pick up something quick so what helps is having a meal plan and know what I am going to make each day so I prepare early when possible and it makes it easier
  • coulibalymuso
    coulibalymuso Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes - sometimes I will take a 2-3 hour nap when I get home, but then I have trouble falling asleep. Maybe I should set a 1hour timer. I definitely sleep 8-9 hours on weekends :o) I think I need to be more organized with meal planning - thatwould help!