Jumping on the wagon.

Options
Starting this journey for the first time and find I need some support.

A little about me, I am 42 and have been an exercise addict for most of my life. I "use" to be athletic and in shape until I found a lump on my left thyroid in 2008. Since my partial thyroidectomy, I have struggled to keep my weight in check. My hormones are not so jacked up that I need meds but it's frustrating when I try to eat healthy and exercise to lose 10 lbs and then plateau. I decided to increase my exercise routine and with that ended up jacking up my knees. I developed patella femoral syndrome in my right knee and had to cut out lower body weight bearing exercises and did Resistance PT. In the process if rehabbing my right knee my keft knee blew out. I ballooned to 215. 3 weeks ago I had surgery (micro-fracture partial medial menisectomy on my left knee) Been doing Rehab PT and this week I begin training with Kettlebells. I can't wait. I love lifting weights and tone up quickly as long as I eat properly. Saturday I did a fridge cleanup of all carbs which wasn't hard since I hate bread and pasta and filled my fridge with eggs, chicken, and veggies.

Anyway, I look forward to this journey and hope this site can keep me on track. :-)