60+ pounders?

Options
hi

I have about 60lbs to lose and feel like there is no way I personally can do it. anyone felt like this and managed it? feel so unmotivated and down as I have no willpower at all!

Replies

• The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    By the time I am done I will have lost 182lbs. 102 gone so far! When I started it seemed impossible. Read read read. There are a ton of different ways to change your diet. You just have to find one that fits. There is one out there for everyone! I don't really even feel like I'm dieting. Knowledge is key. You do NOT have to starve yourself to lose fat! Check out intermitent fasting(eatstopeat,leangains,alternate day diet,warrior diet, etc) eatmore2weighless are some for starters. For me counting calories is the best thing. I don't use myfitnesspal to track because I had issues with food I manually entered only showing up hit or miss. I create all my own food items from the nutrition labels. A lot of the ones people have entered are way way wrong! I personally do intermittent fasting and specifically a modified form of the alternate day diet for the last few weeks. You can do it. Forget pretty much everything you've heard about dieting because its probably wrong.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have 60lbs to get down to my high school weight, and 80 to get down to my lightest weight. You can do it :)
  • janatleigh
    janatleigh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is tough. I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been, and just joined this website. Honestly, for me to achieve a BMI in the "normal" category, I'll need to lose 150 pounds. It's pretty daunting.

One thing I do know is that it's possible. I've done it before. The only time I've had success in the past was when I had lots of support from friends and family cheering me on. When I was in college, a group of friends, my sister and I teamed together, and I lost about 70 pounds. It's come back and then some, so I'm back here, trying again.

Good luck on your journey!
  • amberalicia
    Options
    I have 60 to loose too! Hoping this is the last time I put back on weight I've lost...the more support the better! We can do it :D
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had grown frustrated and had 60 lbs. I absolutely had to lose. That's done and with full commitment, it was not that bad. Find your motivation, use what MFP has to offer, and find more support. You can do it.