New exercise program - when to expect results?

Options
Hi all,
Apologies if this topic has already been discussed - I did a search, but couldn't find enough info. on it.

I recently started a new exercise program (boot camp with cardio and weights over 60 minutes) and a few days in, my body feels bloated and sore. I have experience losing and gaining, and I used to run a lot, so I know that muscles will retain water after starting a new program. However, I'm wondering if this exercise program, combined with watching what I eat, will help me lose weight (I gained 30 lbs since my wedding last year, yikes!). I'm really worried that I will gain muscle and not see the results that I want.

Does anyone have any stories to share about how they felt after starting an exercise routine/how their body first responded, and then what happened a few months in regarding seeing numbers drop on the scale? Yes, the way clothes fit matters, but I know that when I am 30 lbs lighter, I will feel better.

Stats:
5'7 F, CW: 189 lbs, Aiming to eat 1,600 calories a day, Workout at boot camp 3x/week (60 mins each) plus tennis once a week (doubles, 1.5 hours).

THANKS!!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    All i can say is be patient and don't look in the mirror everyday expecting to see results. It takes time. You've got 30 pounds to lose so give yourself 30 weeks to do it. Stick with program, maintain your calorie deficit and weigh yourself once per week. You didn't get oversight overnight do don't expect to get fit overnight.