What to eat at Disneyland?

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Kayla and if you haven't already added me for support, I'm a great friend for support. I have 130+ pounds to loose and can use all the encouragement I can use!

Anywhoooo

I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow, and wanted to know if anyone who was a disneyland pass holder like me knows of any good food or suggestions for me!!

I thank you all for your support and feedback, it's much appreciated!

Replies

• hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i eat a turkey drumstick, good enough protein for me
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    All the sit-down restaurants have great menus with healthy choices, but the quick places to grab food are usually not so good. I recommend packing snacks like nuts to keep you going between meals.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I think that if you're going to a place like that you owe it to yourself not to stress over eating healthy while there. One day of gluttony won't be as bad as the stress you're causing yourself by trying to avoid it.
  • mama_katz
    Options
    grilled chicken skewers in adventureland
    the plaza in has a good salad.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Its Disneyland. lol.. I am sure there is something that fits your plan. You cant go wrong with a salad... Or a good burger.... Just go easy on the fries.... Its all a matter of having a game plan. :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that you'll be walking a ton, so you'll burn off a lot. I'd go for protein and veggies wherever possible. Avoid fried foods, cream sauces, ice cream, etc. Just do the best you can and try not to stress too terribly much. Have a great time!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    honestly, when i go i make it a cheat day.

pizza port has really good salads and they have a chicken pesto veg pizza that's filling enough that i don't eat much else if i get that. ditto the pizza/salad place on the boardwalk in DCA. their flatbread pizzas are bomb and if you're going with someone and you can split a pizza and a salad, you get a good meal for pretty cheap.

obviously stay away from pooh corner and everything on main street. although, jolly holiday has good salads too. their quiche is good and probably not super caloric since it's smallish.

have fun!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Eat at the restaurant near Mickeys Philaharmonic their grilled chicken, fruit and snacks are usually pretty ok, calorie wise. Spent Christmas there. Pinochio themed.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    I know this isn't *exactly* your question but I know there are tons of good places around Anaheim that you can eat, plus you'll save money! I'm going to DLand on Wednesday and have been thinking about this too! :)

If you want to stay in the park, eat like a regular restaurant. Or yeah make it a cheat day! You'll be walking a lot anyways :)
  • kaymanginelli88
    Options
    WOW, i'm getting so much feedback, it's absolutely wonderful to see! :) Thank you all so much!

I go to Disneyland a lot, so I necessarily can't make it a cheat day because I'd be cheating 2-3 Times a week and not get anywhere HAHAH! =) But regardless I know what you mean about not stressing :)!!
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Eat before you go, then drink lots of water throughout the day and take some healthy snacks in with you (like protein bars etc). There are some healthier restaurant options, but stay away from the candy stores and the fast food eateries. You'll walk lots but that isn't enough to burn any excess sugar.

Lucky girl! I live in Australia, but we've been over to LA a few times and I LOVE Space Mountain!!
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Churros. You should ALWAYS eat churros whe you go to Disneyland. And then go to Blue Bayou.
  • kaymanginelli88
    Options
    Eat before you go, then drink lots of water throughout the day and take some healthy snacks in with you (like protein bars etc). There are some healthier restaurant options, but stay away from the candy stores and the fast food eateries. You'll walk lots but that isn't enough to burn any excess sugar.

Lucky girl! I live in Australia, but we've been over to LA a few times and I LOVE Space Mountain!!

I love Space Mountain too, but it's always crowded!! :) thank you for your feedback!
  • kaymanginelli88
    Options
    Churros. You should ALWAYS eat churros whe you go to Disneyland. And then go to Blue Bayou.

Thank you for giving me a laugh! I will be sure now to eat a Churro just for you lol
  • mama_katz
    Options
    Oooh. Eat that churro for me, too. I'm a former cast member/pass holder. I haven't been back home for 3 years. I miss Disneyland.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would probably get a burger or grilled chicken sandwich but get rid of the top bun. Or, order a kids meal. It isn't always what you are eating, but how much.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • kaymanginelli88
    Options
    Oooh. Eat that churro for me, too. I'm a former cast member/pass holder. I haven't been back home for 3 years. I miss Disneyland.

awww you definitely owe it to yourself to visit!! I went 4 months without going and was having withdrawals! lol
  • mama_katz
    Options
    My husband is in the military and we're stationed on the east coast now. :(
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I just went in oct, you can still get a lot of healthy foods their. go to ca adventure and get some greek food, its right behind the goofy coaster. Also the cafe in new orleans square is good because you can get a salad or a beef dip sandwich. just dont eat the chips. i cant name some other places if you need more ideas. I'm a disney *kitten* lol :)