Ok MFP ladies...

Options
My reward for losing 100lbs is coming up here in a couple week. And I have decided to make it a.......

.....Makeup overhaul!!!!!

I really only use crappy products that don't even match me so I am going to redo everything I have.

I want to know your Holy Grail products and things you can't live without.

Here is what I am thinking so far...tell me what you think. Also open to changing some of it.

Face: Revlon whipped foundation. (I still can't deceide if I want to go high end here of not)
Concealer: Help I don't know! (Mac studio or Benefit Boi-ing?)
Primer: Bare minerals prime time
Blush/ bronzer: Nars duo in orgasm/ Laguna
Highlighter: ? (High Beam?)
Lashes: Tartes Lights Camera Lashes (or drugstore Clump Crusher)
Brows: ??? (Anastasia powder duo or Anastacia pencil. Can't decide)
Eyes: Urban Decay primer potion
Shadow: I have Naked palette and LOVE it (Also wanting Stila In the Light palette)
Liner: 24/7 Sephora liner
Brushes: Real Techniques kit (all 3 kits!)
Lips: I don't know too much here but I was thinking of starting with a few Revlon Lip Butters and seeing if I like lipstick.
*Elf HD powder
*Urban Decay All nighter spray.

Please help this makeup noob!

Replies

• tycoluk
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by Mac. I know nothing about makeup, beyond "it goes on your face", but she seems to. :smile:
  • amili045
    Options
    My reward for losing 100lbs is coming up here in a couple week. And I have decided to make it a.......

.....Makeup overhaul!!!!!

I really only use crappy products that don't even match me so I am going to redo everything I have.

I want to know your Holy Grail products and things you can't live without.

Here is what I am thinking so far...tell me what you think. Also open to changing some of it.

Face: Revlon whipped foundation. (I still can't deceide if I want to go high end here of not)
    Concealer: Help I don't know! (Mac studio or Benefit Boi-ing?)
    Primer: Bare minerals prime time
    Blush/ bronzer: Nars duo in orgasm/ Laguna
    Highlighter: ? (High Beam?)
    Lashes: Tartes Lights Camera Lashes (or drugstore Clump Crusher)
    Brows: ??? (Anastasia powder duo or Anastacia pencil. Can't decide)
    Eyes: Urban Decay primer potion
    Shadow: I have Naked palette and LOVE it (Also wanting Stila In the Light palette)
    Liner: 24/7 Sephora liner
    Brushes: Real Techniques kit (all 3 kits!)
    Lips: I don't know too much here but I was thinking of starting with a few Revlon Lip Butters and seeing if I like lipstick.
    *Elf HD powder
    *Urban Decay All nighter spray.

Please help this makeup noob!

HD Powder a must!!!
  • amili045
    Options
    great list
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Definitely go M.A.C. all the way.....infact if you have a M.A.C place near your home, you can go there and let them match the foundation to your skin and they can give you tips for bringing out your eye color.
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This looks like a VERY exciting list!!
  • mrsmark2010
    Options
    First off congrats on getting close to your 100 pound weight loss. I love both MAC and make up forever foundation. both seem to have great staying power. If you are going high end with everything else, don't skimp on the foundation. I'd splurge there before splurging anywhere else.

If possible, I'd make an appointment at sephora and take in your suggestions. That way you can try out lots of different options and see if what you think you want will work together.

Also, I LOVE my MAC brushes. It's all I have and have used them daily for at least the last 5-7 years without having to replace them. Just cleaning ever so often (not nearly as much as I should probably). They are an investment, but so worth it.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by Mac. I know nothing about makeup, beyond "it goes on your face", but she seems to. :smile:

My sister loves MAC as well. I want their brushes butI don't have THAT much to spend. I must allocate resources.
  • emilykg12
    emilykg12 Posts: 119
    Options
    THIS is my favorite (only) makeup. I buy their powder and the blush exclusively.

https://janeiredale.com/
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I don't use any high end make-up because I can't see spending some of the $$ they ask for some stuff. Some of the prices are outrageous. Do some research either google it , search youtube, or pinterest. . There are a lot of make-up dupes for high end stuff but with make-up you can buy at the drugstore. I've tried A LOT of foundations and the revlon whipped foundation is my absolute favorite. For concealer i swear by the hardcandy glamoflauge. It's the best I have ever used. As far as the ELF HD powder a lot of people say it made them have a weird grey tone to them but I love it. I never had a problem. You sound like you made some pretty great picks. Congrats on your weight loss :happy:
  • woodsy0912
    Options

HD Powder a must!!!

I was reading in some forums that Makeup Forever makes a great HD powder but ELF has almost the exact same formuly and works wonders as a dupe.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    Definitely go M.A.C. all the way.....infact if you have a M.A.C place near your home, you can go there and let them match the foundation to your skin and they can give you tips for bringing out your eye color.

I think there is one near me.

I really want them to match my concealer and foundation (tell me what my skin tone is etc...) And also have them show me how to do my brows.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    First off congrats on getting close to your 100 pound weight loss. I love both MAC and make up forever foundation. both seem to have great staying power. If you are going high end with everything else, don't skimp on the foundation. I'd splurge there before splurging anywhere else.

If possible, I'd make an appointment at sephora and take in your suggestions. That way you can try out lots of different options and see if what you think you want will work together.

Also, I LOVE my MAC brushes. It's all I have and have used them daily for at least the last 5-7 years without having to replace them. Just cleaning ever so often (not nearly as much as I should probably). They are an investment, but so worth it.

I have heard great things about MACs foundations... Might have to give it a go.

And I love Sephoras try it and return policy.
  • woodsy0912
    Options
    I don't use any high end make-up because I can't see spending some of the $$ they ask for some stuff. Some of the prices are outrageous. Do some research either google it , search youtube, or pinterest. . There are a lot of make-up dupes for high end stuff but with make-up you can buy at the drugstore. I've tried A LOT of foundations and the revlon whipped foundation is my absolute favorite. For concealer i swear by the hardcandy glamoflauge. It's the best I have ever used. As far as the ELF HD powder a lot of people say it made them have a weird grey tone to them but I love it. I never had a problem. You sound like you made some pretty great picks. Congrats on your weight loss :happy:

Thanks so much! I have been researching so many products lately my head is starting to spin. :laugh:

I may have to try out that Hard Candy concealer...
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    woohoo! my kinda topic right here haha.

face: any revlon product is always good. I also enjoy the Maybelline BB cream for a quick on the go routine
    blush: nars orgasm
    contour/highlight = blunt by mac, shell by mac, and silver dusk to go overtop of shell
    lips: i enjoy revlon just bitten kissable lipstains - my #1 gripe with lipstick is having to constantly reapply. not with these puppies! woohoo lol

eyes: i see you already have the naked 1 palette by Urban Decay. Excellent choice I might add. They have the most smooth, and easy to blend eyeshadows i've ever dealt with. MAC's shadows are always too chalky and hard to blend for me. Check the sale section of urbandecay.dom they have lovely lovely stuff! You can get single eye shadows for $6-8 bucks if you want to branch out and try some colors. They also have some of their concealer for sale relatively cheap too.
    Also have to have urban decay primer potion.
    their 24/7 glide on eyeliners are good but just as good and half the price is Maybelline's Define-a-line (green with black cap) I go for ebony black.
    i also go for maybelline for the mascara department too - always been a winner!

eyebrows - i use a color called coconutty from the FLIRT! cosmetics line from Kohls, and a good angled brush. I hear the anistasia brand is tops though! :)

If you're not exploring the wonderful makeup world on youtube i highly recommend it! :)
    check out Kandee Johnson, MakeupGeekTV, MissChievous, to name a few.
    And I dabble there too you're welcome to check me out :) MyDarlingMakeup.

Congratz on the weightloss
  • s_hannon
    Options
    Absolutely love MAC, however, I have a few blushes from NARS that are fantastic. In all honestly, I always buy drugstore liner and mascara and splurge on foundation and powder.

Great idea for reaching your goal :flowerforyou:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    awesome that you have hit such a huge milestone....

my makeup that i swear by is Bare Escentuals...its the mineral makeup....very light on the face and the few occasions ive worn it while at work and then went to the gym it never came off.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Nail polish.

I am a sucker for collecting the stuff, and good nails to go with that fantastic face will just be a bonus. :wink:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Anything and EVERYTHING from Mahya cosmetics. Seriously.....I don't wear much makeup, but my mother-in-law got me hooked to this stuff when I went to the state fair of Dallas. The eye shadow can be used as liner, lip gloss, nail polish.....hair coloring....this stuff ROCKS and you only use like a pinch of it. Just google mahya mineral makeup. So, as far as the big things I need. I keep about a dozen eye shadows, concealer, primer, blush, powder, two mascaras and around 4 shades of lip gloss and lip stick. I'm a plain Jane. lol.
  • lilmzritz
    lilmzritz Posts: 176
    Options
    MAC and Benefits for me. What a fun way to reward yourself!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump