LOWEST CALORIE FOOD?

Options
Quick! What's the 1st lowest calorie food that comes to mind? :) (trying to get a shopping list haha)

Replies

• kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Celery
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When you shop, try not to pay as much attention to low calorie foods as nutrient dense foods. $20 dollars worth of celery may be low in calories, yet it doesn't have very many nutrients in it as compared to $20 of lean meats, beans, a little dairy, whole grains, and colorful fruits and vegetables and celery sure isn't as satisfying. So, even though these foods have more calories, they offer your body more fuel. Remember, calories are fuel for our bodies. :smile:
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    When you shop, try not to pay as much attention to low calorie foods as nutrient dense foods. $20 dollars worth of celery may be low in calories, yet it doesn't have very many nutrients in it as compared to $20 of lean meats, beans, a little dairy, whole grains, and colorful fruits and vegetables and celery sure isn't as satisfying. So, even though these foods have more calories, they offer your body more fuel. Remember, calories are fuel for our bodies. :smile:
    This.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Mustard
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see the movie Hook?
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    cucumber, bell peppers, strawberries, watermelon. Fresh fruits and veggies in general. When they're not coated in sauces or dips you can really eat lots. For example, 166g of strawberries is 48 cals. I weighed that out and it was a full desert bowl full, more than I would have eaten regularly. Visually satisfying, tastey and filling.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms!!!! OM NOM NOM....
  • Nauti_Buoy
    Options
    Ketchup
    ketchup.gif
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sriracha. GO GO GO.
  • ladyartichoke
    Options
    That comes to mind? Asian pears.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Celery
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Although, lettuce is also very low in calories too (romaine, greens, spinach)
    tomatoes
    bell peppers
    cucumber

Salad has very few calories, its only when you start adding calorie laden dressing, cheese, croutons..that you start racking up the calories. But even if you are sparing with those you can have a big salad with very few calories.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    brocolli has negative calories as your body burns more to digest it than whats in it
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    air ;)
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mustard greens. Wonderful, wonderful mustard greens. [though, I can only eat it boiled and with some salt]
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Did you ever see the movie Hook?

LOL i have! I wish we could just imagine some food up... for saving calories and money!
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Salsa!
  • lilylux
    lilylux Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    roasted seaweed sheets
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Ketchup
    ketchup.gif
    [/quote

Made my morning! :laugh: ]
  • r0b0j4m
    r0b0j4m Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nappa cabbage (heard its more nutritious than other cabbage) is one of my favs XD I use it to fill up veggie soups and make kimchi for snacks ^-^