Protein

Options
I wonder is it real bad for my diet if i over shoot my protein ....i keep everything else ok but my protein i over shoot .. i know i am to eat allot of it cause i had the gastric bypass but wasn't sure how this counter on here effects it if i over shoot what they say anyone have any answer plz

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i track my protein and it is the only one i don't worry about. recently, about the last 3 weeks or so, i am trying to get as much as i can. have never worried about going over. however, i am mindful about breaded chicken and stuff like that. while, yes, the chicken is protein, the breaded or marinades and stuff adds other aspects to worry about.

just my two cents and i am certainly no expert.
  • always_odd
    always_odd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There really isn't "too much" protein. Unless that's all you eat... But really it is good because it will help he buildup of muscle significantly. It doesn't do any horrible damage and helps you recover from workouts. Carbs are the ones you need to worry about, only if you're not using them.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not or I'm in trouble. All i eat is protein and fresh veggies. I cut out all sugar, bread, pasta etc. I looked at old workout and nutrition journals from 2000 and I was at my goal weight then. All I ate was protein and veggies. So if it worked then, it should work now. (crossing fingers)
  • amyavivah
    Options
    thank you
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I wonder is it real bad for my diet if i over shoot my protein ....i keep everything else ok but my protein i over shoot .. i know i am to eat allot of it cause i had the gastric bypass but wasn't sure how this counter on here effects it if i over shoot what they say anyone have any answer plz

your daily protein goal should be treated as a MINIMUM requirement. getting more is a good thing, especially if you use the MFP settings, which apparently set your protein goal lower than many people think it should be.