Why aren't YOU watching biggest loser?!

Options

Replies

• emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Because to be realistic,
    I don't have 5 hours in my day to devote to exercising...
    I also do not have complete access to healthy and some organic foods...
    And I don't have a "free" personal trainer at my disposal
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Weight loss shows make me want to eat.

They use unhealthy tricks to lose weight and it's unrealistic. It's a game to win money, not a show about losing weight and getting healthier.

My television is in another state.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Because I'm jealous they have help and I don't.
  • ebbtime
    ebbtime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's not realistic. People can't go to a "camp" to have it all there for you....food, trainers, equipment, etc. Most have put it back on & then some. Personally, I can't work out that intensely....it'll kill me.....well, if Jillian doesn't get to me first! LOL
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not on cable - it's on NBC. Yes, I'm watching it. :) I'm probably a little sadistic. lol! :mad:
  • nmartin07
    nmartin07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Because it doesn't start until 9. :wink:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Republic of Doyle is much better.
    alanhawco_zpse62af4c5.jpg
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am...love Julian, Bob and Dovett. The show motivates me to keep moving, to keep sticking to it.

Me too! I have always done better while that show is airing!
  • pinkgurl87
    Options
    I am watching it, for some reason I like watching it, though usually I end up eating while watching it though not this time already ate way to much today. At first I like it cause I compare weights with people and then I'm like wow I'm not that bad compared to then. Though this time, one of the girls only weighed 9 lbs more then me , but then as the lose weight I'm like crap now i am fat. :(
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Because the majority of contestants gain the majority of weight back, and I've read stories about what it's really like on the BL ranch...plus I get tired of all the ridiculous product pushing. Besides, I can make myself proud and go do something to better myself instead of watch other people do it.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Because the majority of contestants gain the majority of weight back, and I've read stories about what it's really like on the BL ranch...plus I get tired of all the ridiculous product pushing. Besides, I can make myself proud and go do something to better myself instead of watch other people do it.

This.
    I used to watch it sometimes, but the product pushing wasn't so frequent and obvious.
    I liked watching the last chance workouts, but they show so little time of them working out.
    you see them just sitting around, arguing all the time. I hate when they backstab eachother,
    or when they have to give reasons for why they are eliminating their competition,
    I hated eliminating anyone majority of the time.
    I just want to watch a show about a bunch of people getting healthy with tips for us.
    Even when I did watch the so called tip is always something I already knew or just pushing a product.
    After reading about what it's really like, I just cant support it anymore.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I still find people losing weight inspiring, regardless of whether it is ridiculous and dangerous. I also just love Jillian <3
    The biggest loser holds a special place in my heart, when I first started trying to be healthier and working out, watching these contestants work their butts off kept me motivated. Now I know how dangerous the show is but I still view it as it's good that the obesity issue is being addressed at all
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Losing 26 lbs in a week? No wonder people give up weight loss efforts so quickly. This show is ridiculous.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I have a DVR. I'll watch it for entertainment later.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Because it's not on here yet.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Because I hate the entire "reality TV" genre. Game shows like Biggest Loser included.
    I truly believe they are having a terrible impact on our society.

Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo type shows, and things like survivor, and the biggest loser, makes no difference to me, I won't watch any of them.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am...love Julian, Bob and Dovett. The show motivates me to keep moving, to keep sticking to it.
    AGREED :D
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    I did watch it :happy:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    because it's crap....it's unrealistic for the rest of humanity to devote that time/effort etc. and I believe ultimately make people feel worse about their efforts.
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    I'm one that loves it I too love Jillian and Bob! Only this year I am gonna watch it while working out...usually I lay in bed . I already put my spin bike and stair stepper in the living room :) Next weekI may add the elliptical in there too ! It is on here in 15 minutes . Anything that motivates me.....

Just did my second day of 30 day shred too :)