chocolate craving

Options
2»

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    THIS IS MY FAVORITE SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a diehard chocolate fan - it's the only "sweet" or "bad food" that i simply can not cut out altogether. here are my alternatives -

Jell-o brand Sugar free Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or triple chocolate pudding - 60 calories!

Starbucks mocha frappuccino with extra mocha drizzle (medium/grande sized) - 140 calories

Weight Watcher brand ice cream products 1-2 points is 100 calories or less

Hershey's special dark chocolate chips, taste good frozen and you can eat them like M&M's - 1 tblsp is 70 calories

100 calorie packs of your favorite snack - oreos, oreo cakesters, grasshoppers (OMMM!), etc.

Lindor truffles - ONE truffle is 73 calories. hard to stop at one though...

as a last resort if you absolutely NEED chocolate but can not afford the calories - try a pickle at room temperature. only 5 calories for a single spear. will kill sugar cravings instantly.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Oh another one cool whip mixed with semi sweet cocoa power and put in the freezer. It is like chocolate icecream.
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Options
    Lindt--- dark choc. they come in individual squares 85% pure co-co...It is healthy ...and 3 squares at 90 cal....sometimes I eat one and it's enough...or sometimes the 3..heeheee.
    But I LOVE CHocolate...and the dark kicks a craving....and it just feels healthy good after...!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate too. Especially chocolate and raspberry together. One thing I started doing 4-6 weeks ago is drinking chocolate Shakeology every morning. I mix it with cold coffee to make a mocha, or with frozen raspberries for my chocolate raspberry fix. I find that it REALLY solves my cravings for sugary treats the rest of the day AND it satisfies my chocolate need. Plus, it has 70 ingredients that I otherwise would not get in my diet and certainly don't get from a square of chocolate.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow fudge pops- 50 cals each
    1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips- about 180 cals
    :heart: Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter and Co.- 2 tbsp about 180 cals (I put this on caramel or chocolate rice cakes, but that only needs 1 tbsp per cake. The cakes are 50 cals + the 90 cals from the PB, not too bad:wink: ):love:
    chocolate milk

Hope that helps!
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can't keep chocolate in the house for when I crave because I can't stop at just a small piece, so I burn heavily scented soya or wax pucks. Tasty smelling ones like french vanilla or cinnamon. I guess the smell kinda tricks my mind into thinking I've had something sweet.

that sounds like a good idea. wouldnt it make you want it more though?
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i have those. they dont do anything for me. i even went to the fiber plus with the dark chocolate almond one and it still doesnt do anything for me.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I can't keep chocolate in the house for when I crave because I can't stop at just a small piece, so I burn heavily scented soya or wax pucks. Tasty smelling ones like french vanilla or cinnamon. I guess the smell kinda tricks my mind into thinking I've had something sweet.

that sounds like a good idea. wouldnt it make you want it more though?

It does me. I'm afraid to even buy sweet food scented candles. The last thing I could handle is my house smelling like a bakery. :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    i have those. they dont do anything for me. i even went to the fiber plus with the dark chocolate almond one and it still doesnt do anything for me.

If you're craving something, nothing else is going to take away that craving completely. You either have to have a bit of what you're craving, and leave it at that, or (the best option) quit the sweets altogether. :)
  • EmmyBee
    EmmyBee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Jello Sugar Free double chocolate pudding cups...60 calories!!

Just discovered 100 calorie packs of Mr. Salty's Chocolate Covered Pretzels.....yum!!! I had one last night and felt like I was cheating! I put the package down and came back to it 3 times just to finish all the pretzels because they give you so many!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

Dark chocolate is what you need! its MUCH better at relieving cravings :) my favorite is chuoa chocolatier's firecracker choco-pod. Its a peice of high quality dark chocolate with cayanne pepper, salt & unflavored pop rocks. Sounds strange but the novelty of it plus the great flavor makes it really satisfying, its a treat I REALLY look forward to! each pod is likr 50 or 60 calories, only 1 weight watcher point. You can buy the full bars at Walmart (only the super walmart in my area has it, not the regular walmarts) but I've only been able to find the mini pods on their website http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=chuao&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=747554957&Count2=664695382&CategoryID=32&Target=products.asp

check out the other flavors they have too, lots of interesting ones! really when I want chocolate, nothing diet or low fat or sugar free is going to cut it for me, it has to be REAL chocolate, and this one works!
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    I eat dried or frozen fruit, a small handfull of raisins or a couple of dates usually works for me- I also have 85% cocoa dark chocolate organic chocolate bars that I keep in a first aid kit for rodents that I keep as pets (it acts like a steroid for lung problems)- when the craving is REALLY bad - i will have a square or two of that. Dark chocolate (the higher the cocoa % the better - i belive its best over 80%) is good for you - it is a wonderful sleep aid as it increases the seratonin in your system and can help to calm you.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Italian Ice - 120 calories, No fat. But there are carbs and sugar. :tongue:
  • thart1958
    thart1958 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a few hershey's kisses . I slowly suck on them, so good!!!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches and I just discovered Chocolate Cheerios... i don't eat them as a "cereal" - but just eat them dry as a snack... they are surprisingly chocolatey and very yummy!