March SHRED group

Options

Replies

• kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    How is everyone keeping track on myfitnesspal's exercise report?? I can't find some of the work out and am thinking about not even trying.

Kimmie
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Yes I was wondering that myself!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How is everyone keeping track on myfitnesspal's exercise report?? I can't find some of the work out and am thinking about not even trying.

Kimmie

I log it in as "circuit training" 20 mins. Some other members tried it with a heart monitor and its comparable.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

Kimmie

dont give up! log as circuit training.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    DAY 1 LEVEL 1 COMPLETE!
  • ERnurse
    Options

Kimmie

dont give up! log as circuit training.

Sounds good - I am going to do it when I get home from work in the morning - what I may do is do it every morning and do my running 3 days a week - so for 3 days I would be doing double exercise :) That should kill a few calories!
  • tnewcom
    tnewcom Posts: 58
    Options
    well ladies no 30DS for me today...hope to start 2morrow. had to take my mom grocery shopping then had to run to get my son from boys scouts! so no excercise today...gonna go relax b4 bedtime!
  • Seminole109
    Options
    That was a brutal 30 minutes.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I did D1L1 yesterday- I'm sure the nieghbours who live in the apartment below me didn't enjoy me doing jumping jacks...

I though I'd hurt more today though, but I'm ok so far, just a little achey... perhaps tomorrow I feel the effects more....:smile:
  • Raphi
    Options
    zzzzzzzzzz...not feeling like working out this morning... zzzzzzzzzz Thanks goodness for caffeine :yawn:
    And I have a bit of a sore throat... excuses are so easy to come up with :ohwell: I'll do it, I'll do it... just waiting for the caffeine to kick in...
    How are you doing today?
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    D1.5L1! Lol - I did a little bit of it when I got home last night (at 9.30pm) but didn't have the weights and spent a lot of time watching to make sure I had the stance and body position right, so have only counted it as a .5 start! I did get up early this morning though and did a full run through. Wow I expected it to be more scary. Still no weights, going in search of some today. What weight is everyone starting with? Some ppl have told me 5lbs but that sounds a bit high to me, lol, I was thinking more along the lines of 1 or 2lbs to start!!

I'm also going to run at the same time as doing this so plan to do shred at least 4 days a week (before work in the morning - about 6.30am) and c25k 3 days a week (late evening because I don't finish work till 9pm).

Lets hope those lbs start to melt off!!!
  • ERnurse
    Options
    D1.5L1! Lol - I did a little bit of it when I got home last night (at 9.30pm) but didn't have the weights and spent a lot of time watching to make sure I had the stance and body position right, so have only counted it as a .5 start! I did get up early this morning though and did a full run through. Wow I expected it to be more scary. Still no weights, going in search of some today. What weight is everyone starting with? Some ppl have told me 5lbs but that sounds a bit high to me, lol, I was thinking more along the lines of 1 or 2lbs to start!!

I'm also going to run at the same time as doing this so plan to do shred at least 4 days a week (before work in the morning - about 6.30am) and c25k 3 days a week (late evening because I don't finish work till 9pm).

Lets hope those lbs start to melt off!!!

Me and you are doing the same thing - :D:D - this will be cool - I did some measurements of myself last night to get an idea of where I am at - I am going to do shred tonight when I get up - heres to some weight loss and lookin hot :D
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I'll be keeping a close eye to see how you get on then, and vice versa I hope! lol

Good luck with it babe x
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    L1.D3 I am enjoying it so far and am using 3lb handweights. I took my measurements before I started and had my daughter take pictures, so I hope to be able to see a huge improvement when I am at L3.D30! I've been at a plateau for about 3 weeks and it is starting to get to me, so hopefully Shred will get me off it.:happy:
  • Raphi
    Options
    Well, I did it... not perfect, but done :ohwell:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So Shredders, how are we doing??

Day 4 L1 done! I rocked it at 5 a.m.

Boy, I am *still* sore! The outside muscles in my legs are killer today - couldn't tell you what muscle that is but it's the one that you touch if you put your arms by your side (from hip to knee on outside of the legs). Wawee! Sore, sore, sore! But, it's a good sore.

I use 3 lb weights. I started off with my 8lbers from the X - :noway: yeah, no, I can't do that anymore. My arms were turning to jello before 10 minutes!
  • etherien
    etherien Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm also beginnng my change of lifestyle this month and I have set myself a goal.
    For this entire month I will not have any artificial sugars or caffeine.
    If I succeed, which I'm very confident I will, I will reward my self by buying an alto sax.
    I am very excited!
    I wish everyone to have an amazing month!

Weight: 130
    goal: 94.7
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of level 1 done. Did better today than yesterday. I did not rest as much as I did yesterday. Hopefully I keep it up and get better at it.

I am going to do 10 days per level and see how I feel. Then maybe go back and redo levels for a longer period.

I am hopefully leaving in late July or early August for the National Guard. So i will have drills one weekend a month till then if I sign up this week or next.

Kimmie
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow shredders!

I am from another thread that started yesterday, so hopefully we can all get together for support. I started this last Fall and only made it to day 3 on level 1. I was so darn sore those first few days. But last week, I started stretching and doing some resistance training, getting ready for the March 1st start, and wow, hardly any pain today! I am using 5 lb hand wts. Still undecided whether to do it daily or every other. What is most beneficial? I am looking to lose wt and inches, and tone. My plan is to do each level 10 days.

Have a great day everyone!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i do each level ten days i completed L1 D7 yesterday. today is day off, i work out 3 days in a row then take a day off unless life gets in the way. but i try to do atleast 3 days just to get full effect if i do 4 or 5 better for me and i use 2lb weights/