Is it seriously possible....

Options
To gain 5 lbs in a day?!?! I weighed myself on Friday, scale said 159, even 158 at the end of the day! I have been good for weeks on end as far as eating and exercise go. Yesterday was my "cheat day" so to speak. I'm no good at avoiding bad food when it's around, so I just don't have it around. Yesterday we were celebrating a friend's birthday, so I just ate what I wanted, over ate BY FAR! Went to bed feeling yucky, bloated, and disappointed in myself. I am getting ready to start my workout and wondering if I can still hit my goal this week of 157 lbs if the scale says 163 today. Will it take a few days to get rid of the excess I ate yesterday, or did I really gain all that weight back? Sorry if this is confusing, but I am kind of confused!

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    bumping...
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Totally possible, but it may not reflect actual weight gain. It depends on so many things, how much sodium you consumed, water intake, bathroom activity, time of day... I fluctuate up to 5 pounds a day.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Hey dear dear dear dear girl....

This is why it can be bad to weigh yourself frequently. Because honestly you can gain and loose depending on what you are putting into your body on a daily basis. I know with being sick I used to be able to literally weigh TEN pounds more at the end of the day then when I started.

You need to stick to your guns this week, work out, eat right like you always freaking do because you are awesome and PUT THE SCALE AWAY. Seriously. LOCK IT UP. Put it in prison as your girls would say ha ha! Then at the end of the week, or the day before your goal, take it out and weigh yourself to see where you are at. Because these fluctuating number can seriously drive a person crazy!!! And I bet you, by the end of this week you will weigh 155 pounds!

I say all of this out of love...Don't make me drive DOWN there to hide your scale...