Is it seriously possible....

Options
To gain 5 lbs in a day?!?! I weighed myself on Friday, scale said 159, even 158 at the end of the day! I have been good for weeks on end as far as eating and exercise go. Yesterday was my "cheat day" so to speak. I'm no good at avoiding bad food when it's around, so I just don't have it around. Yesterday we were celebrating a friend's birthday, so I just ate what I wanted, over ate BY FAR! Went to bed feeling yucky, bloated, and disappointed in myself. I am getting ready to start my workout and wondering if I can still hit my goal this week of 157 lbs if the scale says 163 today. Will it take a few days to get rid of the excess I ate yesterday, or did I really gain all that weight back? Sorry if this is confusing, but I am kind of confused!

Replies

• scarecrow41
    scarecrow41 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm guessing the VAST majority of that weight is water weight and will be gone by today or tomorrow. I think 157 is a realistic goal this week.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    No its not possible to gain 5 pounds of fat in a day - but can the scale go up 5 pounds in one day sure -- sodium, calories in and what your body is holding onto (not processed through your digestive system) will all add up.....
    keep the process going and your next weekly weigh in shuld reflect the true weight
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I'd say most of it is water weight and ummm... possibly irregular bowel movement? I know anytime I eat differently it messed me up. Chug a lot of water and make sure that your fiber intake is good. You'll be fine. Just think... before you started eating right and exercising - you probably had a lot of days where you felt like this and never noticed!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    It's only possible if you ate 17,500 calories above what you burned. That's the equivalent of about 30 Big Macs on top of your normal intake. If you didn't eat that much, it's more likely water weight. Don't worry; one cheat day won't ruin your progress.

:drinker:
  • MelanieKCox
    Options
    Glad to hear someone else has had this happen. Really it will go away, just get back to your real routine...
  • urso99
    urso99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post about the same thing happening to me! EEK!!