Insanity starting 1.7.13

At a last minute thought and some competition with a guy friend, I have randomly decided to start Insanity.
I have done a few videos but never as the program. My only concern is becoming worn out so fast because I did P90x for a month and half and got bored of working out at home.

If anyone is interested in starting today and becoming my insanity partner, feel free to request me as a friend!

Replies

• Wow I just started it yesterday. And just finished day 2 a couple minutes ago. I havent worked out in like 7 years and I'm not at all athletic. I think it'll be a breeze! If a slob like me can do it, it should be a cake walk for you.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Good luck with Insanity, I started it last week, first few days are a breeze but the hard one is Pure Cardio, if you have done P90x this will be a lot easier for you. The routine switches up a little, I did two rounds of thirty day shred and that was boring and repetitive. So far, this programme isn't.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Hey I started today too. Maybe we can keep in touch over this forum. The fit test was a killer! I've got back out of shape century so I'm seeing this as my way in. The only problem I'm seeing with the nutrition is being vegetarian but I'm working on upping my fake meats lol. Good luck with it I'm looking forward to day two with my jelly legs from today :-)
    Ben
  • Simplicity
    By century I meant recently lol
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    So did you guys manage to keep up with Shaun T the whole time? Because I can't. I'm wondering if this is going to mess up my results.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Some of the work outs are difficult, you'll notice an improvement in your fitness, that's what the tests are for. You don't have to be a machine, just make the effort and don't worry if you cannot catch up. During the pure cardio especially as that is difficult. Push yourself, but not to injury and you'll see results.
  • Simplicity
    In response to do you have to keep up with Mr T. I hope not as I had to add an extra minute or two between a few of the breaks and when we were doing the level one drills ( I'm just finished with day two) my arms were killing me. I even fell over on one of the basket ball things as I sunk too low. So much for the Jelly legs lol. Still I sweat buckets and it felt like a really condensed powerful workout. I'm just taking it day by say. The food is the hard part for me so far. I can't believe I'm eating so much. I'm taking little pots of nuts to work just for extra calories.
  • sbingham0511
    sbingham0511 Posts: 4 Member
    I just started insanity as well yesterday as well!!!
    Day 2 was intense and I am sure it only gets more so but I am definitely looking forward to it!
  • I cant keep up with him the whole time. I just finished day 4. Went I cant take it any longer I rest for a couple seconds then start back up. High knees kill me so when they are doing high knees I just jog in place. The best thing is the timer and watching everyone in the background. When they start to break down I dont feel like Im alone. Its pretty awesome.
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Good luck to all! I love it,, I am finishing my thrird round,, and onto Asylum :)
  • Simplicity
    how are people doing? I just finished pure cardio with a whopping 563 calorie burn. I had to take a few breaks but he's a bit mad doing all that exercise at once. Im enjoying it and feeling results but not seeing anything yet but then it has only been like 5 days. keeping my pictures going looking forward to making a transition video. Just need to stop eating sweets now. Anyone getting sugar cravings? I never used to. Might be adding the extra protein to my diet I don't know.
    Hope all is well.
    Ben