Losing less than 10lb

Options
I am posting this as I think it is difficult to lose a small amount of weight as your body has less fat to burn. I only now have 6lbs to go but am finding it difficult to shift.

Anybody else in the same position as me? Any tips or advice?

Replies

• robynbirdy
    robynbirdy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you. I really only wanted to burn off 5 lbs and it's taken me 6 weeks to burn 4. I lost 0 pounds this week. I am almost always at or near my calorie goal and I work out 4x per week. I agree that the last few pounds are the hardest to take off. I have no good advice except to just keep trying. That's what I'm going to do. Good Luck!
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    I don't have a ton of weight I am trying to lose either, but I'm hoping I can burn it off fairly quickly (as I'm sick of looking at certain trouble spots I have, blah). Hopefully though we will be able to drop these lbs and KEEP THEM OFF for the long haul!!! :-)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I checked your food diary to see what your calorie goals are at - and I see you are at 1300 calories / day (without exercise) Maybe increase it to 1400 to see if that helps. When you are on the last 10 lbs or so, you can't expect to be losing 1lb a week - maybe 1/2 lb or even less than that - 1/4 lb per week. Your body will fight you a lot harder if you calories are too low and it is all trial and error. I just upped my calories from 1320 to 1450 a day to see if that helps me some with losing more weight (I have about 20 - 30 lbs to go and I only lost 2.5 lbs in February). You are a very good eater - getting up to 1600 - 1700 calories a day, so that is great. Just tweak a little until you find what works for you. :smile:
  • Lady_C_the_1st
    Options
    Well, I checked your food diary to see what your calorie goals are at - and I see you are at 1300 calories / day (without exercise) Maybe increase it to 1400 to see if that helps. When you are on the last 10 lbs or so, you can't expect to be losing 1lb a week - maybe 1/2 lb or even less than that - 1/4 lb per week. Your body will fight you a lot harder if you calories are too low and it is all trial and error. I just upped my calories from 1320 to 1450 a day to see if that helps me some with losing more weight (I have about 20 - 30 lbs to go and I only lost 2.5 lbs in February). You are a very good eater - getting up to 1600 - 1700 calories a day, so that is great. Just tweak a little until you find what works for you. :smile:

Thats really helpful, thank you. I have changed my goal to 1/2 lb per week and that has upped my calories to 1540. Which seems like it will be enough! I always feel hungry at the end of the day (when I have not exercised).

I do try and make up my exercise calories, I love food though, so it is not often difficult for me. I do try and eat healthily too, not much junk or snacking on refined sugar foods.

Thank you. :) Hopefully this will make a bit of a difference to me. xx