Should I move out?

Options
chism21
chism21 Posts: 155 Member
I'm planing to move out my mother house. How did you feel when you moved out? what can I expect about this change?
Can this affect my weight lost?

Replies

• brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to moving out and was very happy with it. But I really can't say, we don't know much about you and what your new living conditions will be like.

As to your question... Totally up to you.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Those are all really open ended questions. Can you be more specific?
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Moving out is your opportunity to be completely in control of what you buy and eat!
  • Keaira_M
    Options
    Not much to say about it, but if you want some thoughts.. I was 17 when I moved out 4 years ago and I loved it.. for a good while. I loved being with my parents, but had a bit enough of all the rules. At that time I wasn't trying to lose ewight yet (cause I had a perfect weight..)

Eh.. In those few years though I started gaining weight.. mostly because I finally could eat whenever I wanted and what I wanted and that's not always a good thing. If you're conscious of what you're doing and keep tracking here, it shouldn't affect your weight loss at all, it just did for me , cause I wasn't paying attention and just living student life.

After about 4 years I went back to live with my parents, because I really did feel really lonely.. but after now a few months back with my parents I realized that I'd stil rather be on my own and.. I will be moving out again soon.

Move out, you'll enjoy it. It'll know some tough times, and you'll have to learn new responsibilities and what not.. but you should be fine with your weight loss if you keep your attention at it.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thanks for you comment Keaira_M
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I'm planing to move out my mother house. How did you feel when you moved out?

I'd moved out of home after I'd turned 16 -> Practiced first within close proximity to family in the islands, before I'd departed for London. Thinking on it, my feeling at the time, was that of excitement and fear.
    what can I expect about this change?

Financial independence, responsibility, management and accountability. [Budget-conscious/emergency fund/Insure your prized belongings/always have copies of your ids/important documents JIC - you lose it - oh and your key(s) too]

Frugal approaches - to save here and there, no matter your budget is essential!!!

Absolutely - veering more towards the positive, determined and limited to how committed you are to getting yourself there.

* Shop for your groceries [Fresh produce + Frozen veggies/fruits - to variate your diet/stock your kitchen with fat emulsifying herbs & spices, furnish it with good cooking oils which you may pour into a stainless spray bottle for volume per serving control; Don't forget to stock up on Swiss/Feta/Parmesan/Mozarella cheese; Consider spreads you like - think nut butters, a fruit preserve, etc; Do not neglect your snack box - energy-boosting and nutrient-rich [fill it up weekly]; Consider allocating time to prepare your week's meals ahead of time if you can - to freeze marinate, like your portioned meats for example]
    * Cook your own food [Pasta/Egg/Fish/Chicken or other meat salads/Be comfortable with rustling up some hearty soups & stews, meat and/or vegetable - savoury pies, quiches; A crockpot would help you a whole lot too - for those one-pot meal options]
    * Pack lunch(es)/snack(s) and beverage [hot/cold - think thermos]
    * Clutter-free your space [clean and tidy - get a complete set of cleaning equipment to properly service the needs of your space], for to not is counterproductive to your life-changing journey. Storage. Storage. Storage. Think floor to ceiling - wall to wall ... Keep it tasteful ... Think clean lines!!!
    * Get a handle of your First Aid/Emergency pack(s) - Many do not even have flashlights. Look around where you'll eventually secure an apartment and be inspired by the surrounding to stock up.
    * Be sure to have an In Case of Emergency list - accessible.
    * Think of your laundry [do not forget your laundry bins/bags - whites/coloureds/darks/delicates/dry clean only] - your storage space - keep it organised and in functional order, just so that it is an easy retrieve and adorn motion - from one phase of your day to the next, to accommodate your daily and weekly commitments.
    * As weird as this may seem - think compact always - furniture wise, crockery wise, etc - for sizing to fit within your space is an essential part of living within a space that is entirely yours - for the first time, just so that you don't feel closed-in or claustrophobic.
    * Consider herb containers and some indoor plants to liven up your space - think vertical garden wall!!!
    * Think of your bedding sets [changes], your towel sets [changes], your kitchen towels, gloves, ... Etc.
    * Consider convertibles [or an air mattress ++]- for an extra bed [in case a friend needs it - in an emergency situation, which does happen all too often]

Edited to add: Don't forget a (de)humidifier ... Your air purifier ... For now.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I'm planing to move out my mother house. How did you feel when you moved out? what can I expect about this change?

In addition to Kiki's list Chism - Remember to set money aside for laundry (detergent/bleach/softener/dryer sheets) + washer & dryer f you're moving to an apartment with coin operated machines.

EDIT: If you are able to afford it, a cleaning lady once a week minimum isn't a bad idea either most especially for guys.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    justbe ready to have to pay 4 everything by urself :)