What would you pick?

Options
I'm meeting a workmate for lunch today and I've checked out the menu in advance. There's nothing that jumps out as being the best buy for calories, and I'm struggling to select. What would you guys pick from:

Hummus:
Chickpea and sesame dip served with a mixed leaf salad and toasted pitta bread

Toasted bagel:
Filled with smoked salmon and cream cheese, lemon and dill

Falafels:
Deep fried chickpea, garlic and cumin nuggets served with sweet chilli dip and a mixed leaf salad

Filo parcels:
Filled with feta, toasted pine nuts and fresh spinach, topped with grated parmesan
Served with a full Italian salad

I'm swaying slightly towards hummus being the best option, but I find it's always surprisingly calorific, especially when served with bread.

What do you reckon? :)

Replies

• bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm meeting a workmate for lunch today and I've checked out the menu in advance. There's nothing that jumps out as being the best buy for calories, and I'm struggling to select. What would you guys pick from:

Hummus:
    Chickpea and sesame dip served with a mixed leaf salad and toasted pitta bread

Toasted bagel:
    Filled with smoked salmon and cream cheese, lemon and dill

Falafels:
    Deep fried chickpea, garlic and cumin nuggets served with sweet chilli dip and a mixed leaf salad

Filo parcels:
    Filled with feta, toasted pine nuts and fresh spinach, topped with grated parmesan
    Served with a full Italian salad

I'm swaying slightly towards hummus being the best option, but I find it's always surprisingly calorific, especially when served with bread.

What do you reckon? :)

Everything except the Falafels.
    calories are not everything. macronutrients first,
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think I'd go with the hummus as well. :)
  • carolinelittle
    carolinelittle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The first one, yum.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm with G- hummus!
  • suiteblooms
    Options
    The hummus is your best bet. Worried about the # of calories? Cut the bread in half before you even touch your plate. Then only eat one half. It may not cut a TON of cal, but it will make sure that the calories you are eating are from nutrient dense foods. -ooo or ask for veggies to go with your hummus instead! Then you can eat alot!
  • jellybeanmusic
    jellybeanmusic Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, hummus it is :)

Apprecaite the advice!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The bagel and salmon sounds good to me.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options