Lunch

aprilwatson28
aprilwatson28 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
What are some good meals to eat for lunch? I only have 30 mins so I usually run through the drive-thru....which is a big mistake. Are there any food that are quick and easy and good on calories? I'm burned out on sandwiches :(

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    In the winter I make soups/chili and freeze in 1 cup portions or in the summer I make up a few salads at a time. I keep a basket in the fridge with portioned cut-up veggies, cheese strings, turkey pepperettes wrapped in foil, portioned grapes, almonds etc. In the morning I just grab a yogurt and what I want from the basket. Lunch made in a couple of minutes.

Hope this helps

Sue
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Prepping stuff in advance really helps a lot.

You could prep:

-calzone
    -quesadilla
    -pita pockets
    -humus and Naan
    -soups
    -chilis
    -make your own salad
    -chiciken salad with cranberries and walnuts with some crackers instead of bread
    -veggies and dip
    -yougurt with dried fruit
    -Any leftover
    -mac n cheese
    -chicken marsala
    -spaghetti
    -fajitas
    -homemade lo mein

If you're looking to run out and grab something, then maybe your local grocery store salad bar, or grab something where you can see all nutritional info... but really planning lunches is crucial to our health and progress.

Well wishes to you on some new choices!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    I usually make an extra serving at dinner, then I take that for lunch the next day. :o) That way I already know the calorie count, I can enter it ahead of time, and it isn't any extra work because I was making dinner anyway. :o)

Good luck!! :o)
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    I take leftovers alot. If I have to many leftovers I freeze them and pull out one when I need something for lunch or even supper if I got home to late. Meal planning helps a lot then you are never stuck. But it also is very helpful if you have no choice but to go through the drive thru to know what your best/healthiest option is.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    I usually make an extra serving at dinner, then I take that for lunch the next day. :o) That way I already know the calorie count, I can enter it ahead of time, and it isn't any extra work because I was making dinner anyway. :o)

Good luck!! :o)

I do that as well! Today I'm having left over stuffed zucchini!

My go to for lunch involves being creative with cottage cheese---
    1% cottage cheese (same calories as non fat and tastes a little better). you can add things like a tbsn of low cal italian dressing, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, onioins, salt, pepper and dill and when you are ready to eat sprinkly with some sunflower seeds or chopped almonds.
    I also mix my cottage cheese with tuna, mustard, dill, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder and a little garlic
    Or I mix it with
    non fat Yogurt (regular or greek), fresh fruit and nuts (almonds or walnuts taste great with that mixture).

I make things in the crock pot and portion them out for lunches (like salsa chicken, chicken tortilla soup, BBQ shredded chicken, turkey chili, white chicken chili, etc)

I plan my meals and snacks the night before and take them with me to work in a cooler.
This discussion has been closed.