Store cupboard and fridge favourites ?

:smile:
It would be great to know what other people swear by to have in their store cupboards and fridge what are your essential ' s ?
I have only just started on this and need to go shopping , after putting on loads of weight and have a real problem as I don't fancy food at the moment !!

Replies

• I always keep some baked beans in the cupboard and eggs and some veggies in the fridge.
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    In my pantry I have to have oatmeal and wheat thins and in my fridge veggies, laughing cow cheese wedges and fruit.
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 324 Member
    Tuna...eggs and now soup... And frozen veggies always have a variety on hand
  • In my pantry I have to have oatmeal and wheat thins and in my fridge veggies, laughing cow cheese wedges and fruit.

Yes, laughing cow wedges. Brilliant because lower in calories than butter, keep my mad cheese cravings at bay and are "unit dosed" so I know exactly how many calories I'm having. Also, my husband who is not dieting loves them and thinks I am allowing him a massive treat by buying them...
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Cupbord; rice (sushi, brown, red etc.), beans, buckwheat soba noodles
    Fridge; veggies (spinach, onion, zucchini, broccoli-always, and salad items, lettuce, cucumber are always good), fetta-a tiny bit goes a long way.
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    - Oatmeal
    - 100 calorie packs of Almonds for the portion control
    - Fiber One 80 Calorie cereal (new flavor is chocolate and it's great if you need sweet and crunch)
    - Swiss Miss Diet 25 calorie hot chocolate
    - Greek non-fat yogurt
    - Cottage cheese
    - Fruits and veggies (I pre-package into snack bags after washing for the week)
    - Eggs
    - String cheese
  • Our house panics if we don't have quick cooking steel cut oats, bananas for smoothies, Greek yogurt (excellent protein!), lots of boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I bake lots at a time so we can grab and go), and bagged spinach for smoothies. I also really like coconut water (like Coconut ONE) because I use that instead of Gatorade when I work out, but it's really more of a treat! My husband and I have high protein goals, so we run out of protein-dense foods quickly... Hope this helps a bit! Good luck shopping!