What do you think the best cardio workout is for losing bell

jazzy020106
jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi MFP! It's been a while. Well I have done pretty well with my weight loss (except this past month I have slacked MAJORLY) well it seems that I am at a point where I am happy with my body.. except my belly.. I know that fat burning is the way to lose it.. so im wonder in your experience what do you think the best cardio workout is for losing that belly fat? the treadmill? elliptical? running? or any other exercise you think is the best.. thanks for your input =]

Replies

• bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    I was just told "running" by a co-worker, but I would love to know as well!
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    I am told Zumba classes are the way to melt it off! My daughter and I are signed up for classes starting in April. Bought the DVD's for other daughter (who is away at school), and she says they are quite the workout. If you like dancing, this would be the way to go!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Absolutely anything that gets your heart rate up to your target heart rate and go for 30 to 90 minutes. Could be running, or walking at an incline, stair stepper, row machine.. really endless ideas.
  • eortenzo
    eortenzo Posts: 6
    I love Jazzercise. Its a total body workout and its fun. Most people picture the lame-o Jane Fonda Jazzercise of the 70s, but its totally new and incorporates all sorts of stuff - kickboxing, pilates, yoga, weight training, and aerobics. Its awesome and burns 450 calories per hour!
  • jazzy020106
    I am told Zumba classes are the way to melt it off! My daughter and I are signed up for classes starting in April. Bought the DVD's for other daughter (who is away at school), and she says they are quite the workout. If you like dancing, this would be the way to go!

Im going to look this up! thats cool that there are DVDs to be able to do it! I am moving to GA soon and wont have a gym to go to =[ so that is very helpful!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Running is where I burn the most amount of calories. A 1.5 hr run burns close to 900 calories for me.
  • jazzy020106
    I love Jazzercise. Its a total body workout and its fun. Most people picture the lame-o Jane Fonda Jazzercise of the 70s, but its totally new and incorporates all sorts of stuff - kickboxing, pilates, yoga, weight training, and aerobics. Its awesome and burns 450 calories per hour!

really?! is there DVDs for this?
  • jazzy020106
    Running is where I burn the most amount of calories. A 1.5 hr run burns close to 900 calories for me.

and your belly looks great! lol
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Running is good. Where in GA are you moving? There are many running clubs around Atlanta if you think that you may want to do that.
  • jazzy020106
    Running is good. Where in GA are you moving? There are many running clubs around Atlanta if you think that you may want to do that.

I will be close to like lake park/Valdosta area...
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Cardio workout is great but if you want sexy abs, you've got to work them.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I do kickboxing... you have to keep your abs engaged the whole time to protect your back! It's great for ALL OVER tone!
This discussion has been closed.