Need a Good Cleanse Suggestion!

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd scope this out- I read all of his stuff and he's really knowledgeable:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/23/Should-You-Detox-to-Get-Rid-of-Chemicals.aspx

Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on here so if it's removed just search "mercola detox to get rid of chemicals" and it will come up in the search as Should You Detox to Get Rid of Chemicals

I've never done one personally but I have done many of his suggestions lately on health tips and they've all been truly amazing!

Good Luck!

Dr. Mercola is seriously a quack and I'd suggest that nobody listen to him.

Ever.

http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/index.php/9-reasons-to-completely-ignore-joseph-mercola-and-natural-news/

Mercola has also received three warning letters from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for violations of U.S. marketing laws. The first two letters, dated 2005 and 2006,[12][13] charged Mercola with making false and misleading claims regarding the marketing of several natural supplemental products, which violated the Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic Act.[4] In the most recent letter, sent in March 2011,[14] Mercola was accused of violating federal law, by making claims about the efficacy of certain uses of a telethermographic camera exceeding those approved by the FDA concerning the diagnostic and therapeutic potential of the device (regulation of such claims being within the purview of the FDA). Dr. Mercola has challenged the FDA's order stating that "We believe that the FDA's warning letter is without merit and is an attempt to regulate the practice of medicine, which the agency does not have the regulatory authority to do. Our use of the thermography device is consistent with its 510(k) clearance for use by health care professionals in their diagnosis and treatment of patients."[15]
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd scope this out- I read all of his stuff and he's really knowledgeable:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/23/Should-You-Detox-to-Get-Rid-of-Chemicals.aspx

Not sure if I'm allowed to put links on here so if it's removed just search "mercola detox to get rid of chemicals" and it will come up in the search as Should You Detox to Get Rid of Chemicals

I've never done one personally but I have done many of his suggestions lately on health tips and they've all been truly amazing!

Good Luck!
    NO!

Mercola is serious crap.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    UGH I get so sick of reading about "cleanses" on MFP.

Cleanses have never been proven to do anything. If it ends up "helping" it will probably be more in your head than actual results...the old placebo effect. No "toxins" will magically leave your body because you ingested a certain pill, drank juice, or mixed up a certain powder. Your body's own organs were designed to "cleanse", namely your liver, kidneys, etc.

Again, there is ZERO credible scientific evidence that state cleanses work.
  • eas1950
    Options
    Hi Jess,I find for me a week of low carbs works, lots of lean protein, veggies, fat free yogurt and a couple of fruits
    good luck too you.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, and drink plenty of water.
    No, we need other alternatives.
    What roots, berries, extracts or exotic far eastern magic will "cleanse" in the place of diet, exercise and water.
    :noway:
  • wendydav3
    Options
    Hi, I have to say I agree with most here. Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of vegetable and fruits and your body will do the rest :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I suggest owning a liver and a nice pair of kidneys. They're great for cleaning your body. It's all you need.
  • krystal3033
    Options
    Dr. Oz. has a great 3 day cleanse on his website with a shopping list as well. Kind of spendy, but I tried it and really liked it. I would though, cut out the celery for the lunch drink, it's painful to eat/drink.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz. has a great 3 day cleanse on his website with a shopping list as well. Kind of spendy, but I tried it and really liked it. I would though, cut out the celery for the lunch drink, it's painful to eat/drink.
    Mehmet Oz is a charlatan. Stop spreading his nonsense.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I wanted to try a cleanse because I feel gross and a friend of mine suggested a cleanse. She said she does them when she feels sluggish or uncomfortable and they help. She orders these expensive pills of some sort. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an over the counter not too overpriced?? Thank you!!!

You mean you are constipated and want to take a laxative? Let's call a spade a spade and not dress it up in childish euphemisms. You have many organs that are involved in 'cleansing' and 'detoxing' your body - your liver, kidneys, bladder, bowel, skin and so on. Science suggests feed them what they need, exercise regularly and they will function optimally. Stop eating any processed rubbish, start eating wholefoods that contain a balance of ALL the nutrients your body needs. Fruit and veggies, oily fish, nuts, seeds and so on. If you want a laxative see a pharmacist or your doctor, don't waste money on anything else.

If that is not what you mean please can you define gross, sluggish and uncomfortable in terms of medical symptoms? Which parts of your body feel that way?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Oz and Mercola in the same thread. OUTFVCKINSTANDING! Who will emerge as the third stooge?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Oz and Mercola in the same thread. OUTFVCKINSTANDING! Who will emerge as the third stooge?

Taubes or Lustig.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My cleanse suggestion is DON'T DO IT. Just watch your sodium, drink lots of water, and make sure you are getting plenty of fresh veggies.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Taubes or Lustig.

Which has better odds? I'm calling my bookie.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is suggesting that you don't do a cleanse, but if you feel that you need to reset your clock back to zero, you might want to try a vegan or raw food diet for a few days and drink lots of water. Eliminate processed foods, junk, refined sugar etc. I'm sure that you will feel better eating high quality food that your body requires with minimal stuff that bogs down your system.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    for you tummy issues, try taking a daily probioticand drink insane amounts of water.... when I feel particulary bad, I dont eat any meat or fruit... just raw and.or blanched veggies plus water for a few days...cabbage tends to clean me out pretty well but you should avoid your friends, family and/co-workers may avoid you until it clears your system or you can find a dirty dog to blame... whichever happens sooner
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Oz and Mercola in the same thread....
    [Jeopardy]
    "Alex, I'll take 'What happens after New Years Resolutions' for a thousand dollars, please". :bigsmile:
    [/Jeopardy]
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options

[Jeopardy]
    "Alex, I'll take 'What happens after New Years Resolutions' for a thousand dollars, please". :bigsmile:
    [/Jeopardy]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    I am normal not one for Cleanses and fad diets but I recently watched a documentary called Hungry to Change and I think I might attemp it. It is a three day clease but you actually get to eat food. Of course its monstly veggies and nuts but its better than a all liquid cleanse IMO. You can google it to find then cleanse. If you have trouble just LMK.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

[Jeopardy]
    [/Jeopardy]

Read it in Sean connery's voice.

"I'll take the rapist for $400."