When to work out

rkascak
rkascak Posts: 224 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I was wondering if it makes a difference if you workout in the morning or at night. I usually work out around 6 pm. But would it be better if I woke up a bit earlier to workout before i start my day? Or does it not matter when I workout, just as long as I do workout

Replies

• trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    The simplest answer is that it's best to work out when you're most likely to keep it up.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    i always found it's best to work out around your biggest meal... so if that is dinner then work out before or after... or breakfast.... so on and so on...

there is no real scientific fact that this is the best thing to do - its a personal preference and gives me peace of mind about eating a bigger meal
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    I've heard it's better in the morning, but I'm not sure, either. I do mine between 7 and 9 am. If I had energy in the evening, I would do a quick one then, too. I am just too pooped by the end of the day. I also feel like I eat better and feel better physically when I work out in the morning. I'm very conscious of everything that goes into my body.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Time of day does not make much of a difference, so the best time of the day to workout is whatever works best for you. (best fit for your schedule)
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    I agree with a previous post, it's whenever you have the time to get it in...I like to mix them up and keep my body guessing, today 3 hours early morning on an empty stomach..no haters please, this works for me :wink: , if I eat first I puke, nuff said. tomorrow will be an evening workout, Wednesday morning...I work out 4 days of mornings and 3 days evenings. Whaever works for you and whatever your body seems to respond to.
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    I agree with a previous post, it's whenever you have the time to get it in...I like to mix them up and keep my body guessing, today 3 hours early morning on an empty stomach..no haters please, this works for me :wink: , if I eat first I puke, nuff said. tomorrow will be an evening workout, Wednesday morning...I work out 4 days of mornings and 3 days evenings. Whaever works for you and whatever your body seems to respond to.

it does make sense to change it up and keep your body guessing
This discussion has been closed.