5'9"/217 could use some buddies with similar stats

Options
As stated above. Last time I lost weight I did it without using forums/buddies, I want to change that!

Replies

• Wimbledongal
    Wimbledongal Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I am the same height and 202 so do add me if you need a buddy. Kate
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    5' 11"/215, add away
  • ceeceescurves
    ceeceescurves Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi you've found 1 buddy to add. 5'9" 219. GW is btwn 170-180. Welcome to MFP. :)
  • Aunt_Kiki
    Aunt_Kiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same height, 213 as of this morning. Started off on MFP with a bang in August, then slowed, then forgot about it, then got on a scale and realized I weighed more than when I originally started. So yeah, I'm back and could also use some help :)
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi! :)

I started at 5'9" and 220. I am currently stalled at 197. Would love some similar goal-ed buddies. :)
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9. My SW was 265. I'm hovering around 200 (even though I got to 187) :grumble:

I'm here to help. :flowerforyou:

5499814.png
  • midkid123
    midkid123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 233 so I'd love to be your buddy. I'm on the up-swing of my yo-yo and need to get it back down!
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    little shorter here at 5'5 and a tad heavier now at 223 as of this morning. Feel free to add me if you like. Working on losing 15lbs by march.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 193 and always looking for additional support :)
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone has any tips on getting back into running shape (without destroying your knees) I'd love to hear them
  • ursulla92
    Options
    I am 5'10 and weight very much more. Been struggling all my adult life you may add me aswell I can use some help here.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    hi--

I am the same EXACT height, and started MFP and the same EXACT weight (or maybe it was 218 instead. but still, really close!) !!! crazy coincidence!

I am here if you would like to be MFP buddies :)
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Wouldn't it be brilliant if we could grow in height rather than lose weight to get to a healthy BMI...
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone has any tips on getting back into running shape (without destroying your knees) I'd love to hear them

Here's my advice (I am living with a knee injury that began when i was training for a half-marathon at a higher weight):

--start with WALKING. brisk power walking burns almost as much as running.
    --vary your exercises often (yoga or pilates for flex, walking dancing hula hooping or zumba for cardio, dumbells bands machines or bodyweight exer for strength)
    --listen to body, avoid high impact, use elliptical machine to "run" until at a lower weight.

just my experience
  • Ianhazemom
    Ianhazemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What a great group this is! I would love to have friends that I can support who will support me as well. We can all do this if we put our minds and bodies to it. Please friend me if you would like an extra buddy!!

215 and 5'9"
  • AXLRgirl2420
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'8'', not around the same weight, I'm a lot bigger, but I'll still be support!! :)
  • 85nina
    85nina Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 5'9" and right now weigh 255 Lbs, I have been doing this also since about July but had a slip up after being sick for a month or so and then the holidays. Could always use some extra motivation. Feel free to add.
    Good luck in your journey!
  • Kagami_Taiga
    Kagami_Taiga Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My stats are almost bang on the same as your ones. I'm 22 years old, 211lbs and 5' 9