I'm Starting Over... Seeking new friends...

Options

Replies

• olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Here for ya! Love the support as well! GOD bless you on this lifetime journey!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just hit day 400. I'm in a little bit of a slump over the past few months, maintaining weight while I want to lose more, but MFP has been great for me so far. I'm 38 and live in Delaware. Feel free to add me if you think I might be an encouragement to you.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am starting over as well! Feel free to add me as a friend, I could use all the motivation I can get! I keep telling myself I'm going to get back on track and haven't done it yet. Here's to new beginnings and new friends! :smile:
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I'm starting once again as well. Lost over 30 lbs when I was here before gained back 10+ and any muscle I did have has melted away. Would love more friends! I removed everyone when I stopped tracking everything before. But I'm back and planning on hitting it hard. I tend to be a stress eater and am a bit nervous that I'm going to end up putting it all back on. Anyone is welcome to friend me!
  • bentlee07
    bentlee07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too, I have been trying to loose weight since Octoboer last year. I have sucked at it. I am 37 and feel that I should have no excusses. I am tired of feeling this way and looking like how I feel. I was thinking if I had to report to some strangers how I am doing, maybe I'll be better at it. I have complained and talked to friends and family (as they say, you let them know it will force you to take reponsibility) but this has not worked at all. I would love to have some friends who can support but yet yell at me too. Any takers?
  • Lbriggs82
    Options
    Well, isn't it an encouragement just to know we're not alone in our struggles?!
    Lovely to read all your posts, motivation is always the hardest thing to keep up, but I saw a fabulous post the other day that simply said:

A year from now..... you'll wish you had started today.

So, good luck to everyone who's starting again, we can DO this!! :)
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi TJ, welcome :) I know girl its hard especially when you love to eat, I lost 46 pounds with this program. Before that I weighed 350 lbs and lost that on my own so trust me girl I know all about motivation, at times your not motivated and it is extremely hard. This site is awesome the support you get makes you keep on striving. I will send you a request :)

Nadia
  • patticarbjunkie
    patticarbjunkie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am starting again too!! Lost 25 regained 12. We can do it!
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can ad dme if you like! 36 year old mother of 2!
  • leanneb205
    Options
    Hi, im starting over again. I was doing great last year and lost 25lb but put it all back on again! This time im more determined than ever! Feel free to add me anyone! xx
  • jpblessed
    jpblessed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello TJ,

I am getting back on track too after initially losing 40 lbs and gaining 30 back the past 6 months. Please add me to your Fitness Buddy List. I'm a GA peach too :-)

JP_Blessed
  • Gamergirl9
    Options
    Good morning. I'm starting over too. I turn 30 in little less then 3 months and I would like to drop as much of this extra weight from before my pregnancy and now after. Anyone is welcome to add me b/c I need to get in the program and would love to help others on their journey as well.

Stephanie from Phoenix, Az
  • lala2407
    Options
    Hi Im Lauren im 25 and sick and tired and being "the fat one". ive come on here to change my life and the way eat and to increase my excercise. im the biggest i have ever been and am now ready for a chenge, be great to get support from like minded people :-)
  • msseusse
    msseusse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've used this site on and off for years, but have been away for a awhile so I'm starting over too. Good luck to us all!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning, All! From Ohio here. I am also starting over. Years 2005-2007, I lost nearly 100lbs. I never made it quite to my goal - I was 8 lbs away when I stopped! I but I still felt good and it never bothered me much. I kept the weight off for a couple of years, got pregnant with my daughter in 2010 and gained 80 back!

So here I am, and would love to be friends with all of you to earn and give motivation as we all need!! Please add me!
  • jpblessed
    jpblessed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I need all of the friends I can get....Please add me to the Starting over...Seeking new friends list. I'm pretty sure my old friends dumped me when I fell off the wagon :-) ( My BAD) :smile:
  • amaryaxxx
    amaryaxxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi TJ, Im Ambermary, i'm starting over again, feel free to add me. We all in this together.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Hello all I've been here for 580 days i log every day and support ALL my friends if you would like support you can all add me as a friend good luck with your journeys :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: :wink: :smile:
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi TJ,
    As you can see from all the posts, you're not alone. You've just got to get to a point where you decide quitting is not an option. I haven't been as diligent as I was when I initially started MFP, but I know what I was doing worked, b/c after a lengthy hiatus, I only regained 2 lbs. That's motivation for me to get back into my routine. The weight can only go down from here! I'll be happy to be one of your pals. I'm looking for some new ones myself!
    Anita :flowerforyou:
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    Good morning. I started over for the (gulp) 5th attempt at losing weight. I had pretty much thrown in the towel and was going down the path to bariatric surgery. I hit my heaviest at 400 lbs this past November. That weight combined with more awareness of the damage I was doing to my body woke me up. I realized that even with surgery the diet will need to change. So I decided to just start eating right. In my most successful previous attempt I had lost over 80 pounds but lost motivation gradually and eventually stopped trying. After that I gained back that 80 pounds plus 30 more. Since late November I've lost about 35 pounds and the motivation is staying up. But I usually start off well. Around the 4 month mark I tend to lose motivation. In a sense my first mini goal is to make it to the 6 month mark without losing motivation.