Frustration

Options
So When I first began working out I ws only eating about 1300 calories and I lost alot of wieght and was probably considered unhealthy. Now Since I increased my calorie intake and changed my exercises a bit I have gained about 10 lbs. Idk if its muscle or fat. The frustrating thing is when I was really skinny I bought a couple pairs of pants because I literally had no pants that would fit me. So I got 2 expensive pair of jeans from express and I got one tailored (size 0) and I havn't even worn the other pair. This was about a year ago and now the ones I got tailored are starting to get to tight and the ones I havn't even worn I have a muffin top when I try them on to see if they fit. I am super frustrated because these jeans were like 80 dollars a piece. I am trying to find a new workout to slim down my hips and waist a little bit. But I am super frustrated about these Jeans. I also have a nice pair of dress pants that dont fit anymore either. Super frustrated!!

Replies

• JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    So When I first began working out I ws only eating about 1300 calories and I lost alot of wieght and was probably considered unhealthy. Now Since I increased my calorie intake and changed my exercises a bit I have gained about 10 lbs. Idk if its muscle or fat. The frustrating thing is when I was really skinny I bought a couple pairs of pants because I literally had no pants that would fit me. So I got 2 expensive pair of jeans from express and I got one tailored (size 0) and I havn't even worn the other pair. This was about a year ago and now the ones I got tailored are starting to get to tight and the ones I havn't even worn I have a muffin top when I try them on to see if they fit. I am super frustrated because these jeans were like 80 dollars a piece. I am trying to find a new workout to slim down my hips and waist a little bit. But I am super frustrated about these Jeans. I also have a nice pair of dress pants that dont fit anymore either. Super frustrated!!

These things happen! I totally understand. A couple of things that help me:

have a registered dietitian do a body analysis of you. That way, you can have an accurate measure of your fat%, your muscle % and your water %. This will help so that you can know where you are, and where you want to be.

once you know your lean muscle mass, make sure you are consuming enough protein to maintain this. Eating the protein will help you stay lean, as well as keeping your metabolism burning for a longer period of time.

Good luck, and feel free to add me if you'd like some more support :)