P90X - Excercise Log

VPGhost
VPGhost Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Good morning everyone,
I will be doing my daily Racquetball and P90X starting March 1st, 2010. I was wondering from all the other P90X'ers out there how are you logging your workouts for calories burned for P90X? Are you just keeing log of everything you do by item or do you account for it or just using a: General - Cardio/Sthrength entry and logging the minutes?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    You should get a heart rate monitor with a strap, that way you can correctly measure how many calories burned
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    I have the actually exercise logs and calendar's via PDF that you can track and log your progress. As for the calorie burn, I usually log them into to the Cardio section and track my calorie burn through my HRM (Polar F6), much like what TRAV said.

If you'd like the PDF logs to print out and track, you are welcome to email me: taryn@choose2befit.com
  • VPGhost
    VPGhost Posts: 2
    Thanks for the comments! Taryn I may take you up on those PDF's. I think I will log them in the cardio section also. Thanks for the advice.

I am looking in to getting a Body Bugg (or something similar) soon, maybe that should help a bit. The HRM I have is not that great of one and takes a while to get a good accurate measurement.

I tend while I am working out to keep my HR well in the Anaerobic range HR (150 -180) for maximum burn. So, I guess I will for at least this first week log it under some so I have alittle room for error.

Thanks again!
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Thanks for the comments! Taryn I may take you up on those PDF's. I think I will log them in the cardio section also. Thanks for the advice.

No problem. Send me an email: taryn@choose2befit.com and I'd be happy to send you the PDF logs.
This discussion has been closed.