Kickbox FastFix - Jillian Micahels

Options
I am about to start this as well as Ripped In 30 tonight, and I didn't want to start without any reviews! Please include calories burned if you have an idea, as well as your height and weight ! : )

Replies

• dakotabyl
    Options
    bump
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for her kick box one. I felt like she didn't explain anything and it moved way too fast. I prefer turbo jam over kick box fast fix
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think it was around 150-200 for one level, maybe 450 for the all 3, but I'm not sure. It's been a few months since I did it. I'm 5'1" and I was 125 when I was doing it.
  • mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    The Ripped in 30 is ALWAYS in my routine.... I have the Kick box one I just don't have room in my house to do it yet..... I LOVE the ripped in 30.... Killer abs, 30 day shred and Killer buns and thighs...... Jillian has helped me a TON.... When I started out I weighed 175 pounds and wore a size 14/16 and I am now 135-137.... I'm 5'6" and am proud to say I am a size 4/6.

Just stick with it!!! :)
  • dakotabyl
    Options
    I think it was around 150-200 for one level, maybe 450 for the all 3, but I'm not sure. It's been a few months since I did it. I'm 5'1" and I was 125 when I was doing it.

So, me being 160, and 6 feet, I should probably burn more. Thanks :D
  • dakotabyl
    Options
    The Ripped in 30 is ALWAYS in my routine.... I have the Kick box one I just don't have room in my house to do it yet..... I LOVE the ripped in 30.... Killer abs, 30 day shred and Killer buns and thighs...... Jillian has helped me a TON.... When I started out I weighed 175 pounds and wore a size 14/16 and I am now 135-137.... I'm 5'6" and am proud to say I am a size 4/6.

Just stick with it!!! :)

That's amazing! I will, thanks so much <3
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Kickbox Fast Fix upper body burns 244 cals for me. I'm 5'8" and 150.5lbs. I haven't tried lower body or abs yet. This is a great workout if you literally only have 20 minutes (it includes a QUICK warm up/cool down) or as an addition to another workout if you still have some steam left.

RI30 depends on the level but is usually around 300 cals. I LOVE what this DVD did to my arms/shoulders.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    Ripped in 30 actually gave me major changes in muscle tone. I am a woman, 5 ft 7 and I am 126 lbs, I was 133 when I did ripped in 30.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred program, and saw lots of great results.

I'm currently doing Ripped In 30, week 2 workouts and I burn between 257-273 calories in those 2 minutes...somedays I just can't get through all the moves without alternating, or taking a breather for a beat or two, and some days I can really really push myself. Either way, I'm always giving it my all.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Everyone will burn differently. This DVD doesn't have a very high burn because the workouts are literally only 20 minutes long. I would recommend getting an HRM if at all possible. I'm 5'5" and weighed around 140 when I was doing this one back in July and my burns were less than 200 calories per workout. There may have been a time or two with level 2 that it was slightly over 200, but not by much. Here's a link to the topic I created at that time in case you're interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/669874-anyone-else-doing-jm-kickboxing-fastfix?hl=kickbox+fastfix#posts-9754766
  • dakotabyl
    Options
    Hm, some people say they burn 300+ cals, some say 150-200. Hahahha. Uh, I don't really know what to think I will burn.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for her kick box one. I felt like she didn't explain anything and it moved way too fast. I prefer turbo jam over kick box fast fix

Like any true Kung Fu teacher, Grand Master Jillian Michaels cannot be expected to reveal the secrets of her art to all and sundry in a DVD. To truly learn from Grand Master Michaels is to attend her individual classes for 10 years to prove your worth before beginning on the path to enlightenment.

To this end, I am forbidden from saying more on this as per my oath.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hm, some people say they burn 300+ cals, some say 150-200. Hahahha. Uh, I don't really know what to think I will burn.
    That's why I recommend getting a heart rate monitor. But if you're going to guess, it's generally better to guess in the lower range than the higher one, especially if you eat back your exercise calories. Because if you go with the higher amount & you actually DIDN'T burn that much, you could be eating over what you should be for the day. If you go with the lower number and you actually burn MORE, you're still safe. Just sayin...
  • Shamrock_me
    Options
    I suggest google search for this kind of stuff when I didn't have a HRM - but you might try:

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?Workout_Programs_Videos&cc=969&page=22

copy & paste it has most of the DVD work outs on there.

Good luck & Happy Burning!
  • dakotabyl
    Options
    I suggest google search for this kind of stuff when I didn't have a HRM - but you might try:

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned?Workout_Programs_Videos&cc=969&page=22

copy & paste it has most of the DVD work outs on there.

Good luck & Happy Burning!

Oh this really helps thank you! :)
  • dakotabyl
    Options
    Add me everyone :) I would love workout buddies.
  • mikeswife04
    mikeswife04 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don't have a monitor, I just use circuit training or calisthenics and I usually only log 25-30 minutes... I'd rather be under than over lol... makes me stay on track :)
  • mlcastle
    Options
    I'd recommend Jillian's Extreme Shed & Shred. Kicks my *kitten* everytime. On days where I want to to "take it easy", but still get a good workout, I do Level I, on days where I have more energy, but maybe not as much time, I do Level II and then on days where I'm feeling extra energetic and looking for a real challenge, I do both and I usually burn about 700-800 calories (5'6", 130lbs and I use a HRM). So, it might be worthwhile to think about adding that one to your routine as well.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    I love love love ripped.. Seriously. Enjoy week 3