NROL4W - How to log exercise in MFP?

Anyone out there doing NROL4W?

I am about to start stage 1, I was wondering how you log this into MFP as exercise?

Replies

• laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    I log each individual strength exercise just to have a record of what I did. I then add strength training under the cardio section and put in the calorie burn. (I use my HRM and deduct my BMR to know what I burned in the session.)
  • Leahnh
    Leahnh Posts: 30
    bump
  • MrsT99
    MrsT99 Posts: 148 Member
    There is a group I've finished this now and moved on to Stronglifts but I generally log strength training in cardio and manually put in 200-300 cals as the book advises to eat 300 cals more on lifting days.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    I log it as strength training and manually put in the calories as the book suggests for me when using the formula.
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    I wear my HRM during my workouts. I created a custom exercise for NR and log what ever my HRM says by the end of it. Gives me a rough idea anyway. If you don't have a HRM, there is a strength training one under the cardio section you can use.

BTW - you are going to love it. : ) I am on workout 8 tonight of Phase 1. I look forward to it, wish I could do it everyday, but that would be a no no.

Feel free to add me!!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Thank you all for the feedback, I am slowly getting my head around this.
    I am also freaked out about eating more calories than I normally do even though I understand and know I have to.
    I need to step away from the scale, stop worrying about that number and become friends with the tape measure!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    There is a "Newbie for January" group that I belong to, along with the bigger group for NROLW - we are all starting on January 14 if you'd like to join and start with us :)
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    There is a "Newbie for January" group that I belong to, along with the bigger group for NROLW - we are all starting on January 14 if you'd like to join and start with us :)

I'd love to join, I will find the group.

thanks