I want to be a Tough Mudder!

Options
But I am so freaking out of shape it isn't funny! My body fat is 45% and I don't quite know where to begin. Anyone here gone from a marshmallow to a tough mudder? This is my ultimate goal.

Replies

• Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG this is too odd. I never thought about a tough mudder. I too have about 45% body fat & just today was like you know what? I'm doing a tough mudder in 2014!

friending you now!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out the training programs on the Tough Mudder website? They have three different suggested routines based on your fitness level--you can follow them on your own or use it as a guideline to find a workout class/program that follows a similar structure.

There are other obstacle races that may help you ease into the Tough Mudder too--some like the Warrior Dash and Rugged Maniac start at 5K distances. The Spartan Sprint is a bit longer and tougher than those two, and they have really great WOD emails that you can sign up for.

I've done all three of the shorter races and had a great time. Haven't worked up to the Tough Mudder, but hoping I'll be there eventually. Good luck, and let us know how it's going! Muddy pics are always fun to see.
  • Fitby31
    Fitby31 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm gonna check that training info out.

There is a dirty girl mudd run here in Dec 2013...maybe I'll do that 1st.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have checked it out. I'm not even a mudderling at this point. Baby steps. =-) 2014 is my goal too!
  • Pippi67
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to. My daughter completed Tough Mudder this past May in Barrie Ontario. She said it was the best thing she has ever done, and has already decided to do it again this year. One thing that stood out to me was when she was telling me of a man who ran the race with one leg. He is an amputee and not in the best of shape, but he ran it. She also said the object of Tough Mudder is not to win, but to finish and do so by helping other do the same along the way. I hope this helps to inspire you.
    Good Luck in your quest to be a Tough Mudder!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Lauren,

when is the Tough Mudder in your area? I would say if you have 7-10 months you have plenty of time to do it this year but you haveto get your *kitten* into gear now and it won't be easy.

I just signed up for the Buffalo one in July...it will be my first. I am pumped! I started Asylum Vol 2 today, funny because it mirrors the training programs on Tough Mudder site. I need to start running 5 miles

You can do it!