Low sugar fruits?

Options
Anyone know any fruits which are low in sugar? Fruit is a big part of my diet, but after one apple and a banana I'm already over my sugar goal. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit and just about any kind of berry
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I think you'll have to eat some vegetables. :-)

Even fruit that doesn't taste very sweet have a lot of carbs. If you think about it, that is where the tree/plant is storing its energy for the seeds, so it makes sense that it would be high in sugar.

They are still high in sugar, but melons tend to be less calorie dense than other fruits. It doesn't change the sugar content, but because they have so much water you have to eat more.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Man homie do you think fruit made you fat? Or your cookies and inactivity?

sugar_fruit_graph.jpg
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    All berries, red and black currant, grapefruit, mandarins, pumpkin: compare weight for weight not by cup or you will get a skewed result. Here in the UK a serving is 80g, so apples and bananas are one and a half to two servings each.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I think you'll have to eat some vegetables. :-)

Even fruit that doesn't taste very sweet have a lot of carbs. If you think about it, that is where the tree/plant is storing its energy for the seeds, so it makes sense that it would be high in sugar.

They are still high in sugar, but melons tend to be less calorie dense than other fruits. It doesn't change the sugar content, but because they have so much water you have to eat more.

Thanks for the advice, and vegetables are also very important for me, although I fear I just have a very bad sweet tooth and prefer fruit
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    And many thanks to the other suggestions