when is the best to workout

Options
when is the best time to workout? morning? or after you eat all your calories? I like to work out after I eat all my calories but I am not sure about working out in the morning. what would you rather do?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I would base this off of performance and personal preference/lifestyle.
  • gimmecoffeeiv
    gimmecoffeeiv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "They" say morning is the best time. Not for me though. I just work out anytime during the day into the evening. Whatever works for you is the best time, as long as you just do it!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    The best time to workout is the time you are most likely to do it.
  • joropa
    joropa Posts: 1
    Options

Quoted for truth! What fits best in your schedule to keep the body moving is the best time for you to do it!

jp
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options

This times a million.
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This ^^

For me, it's 1st thing in the morning. I'm usually on a 10-12 hr fast.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

This.

We are all different. Some people like to get it over with, some like to go after work, some like to go after the kids are in bed. It's up to you, and your lifestyle. Whatever you can get motivated to do is the best way to do it.
  • Wari87
    Wari87 Posts: 45
    Options
    Even I would like to know this. But not about best time to exercise. I want to know how long after a meal can one exercise. And if working out early in the morning then should one eat a little and then exercise??
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    when is the best time to workout? morning? or after you eat all your calories? I like to work out after I eat all my calories but I am not sure about working out in the morning. what would you rather do?

8:03 AM.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I would base this off of performance and personal preference/lifestyle.

Agreed. Base it on your personal preference and when you feel the best/strongest.
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Oh yeah!! For me, if it doesn't get done in the morning, it doesn't get done.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Agreed
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Even I would like to know this. But not about best time to exercise. I want to know how long after a meal can one exercise. And if working out early in the morning then should one eat a little and then exercise??

I would also base this on personal preference/performance. There are no rules but you might find one method that suits you better than another.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

this. I prefer to workout around 11pm to unwind after the day...especially since I'm not a morning person and there is no way in hell I'm getting up extra early before work, if I don't have to
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I would not eat anything too heavy or too close to working out, but again it is personal preference.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Still, it all comes down to personal preference/performance. I generally do better first thing in the morning, fasted, so that's what I aim for most of the time. It's not better, it's just better for me.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Oh yeah!! For me, if it doesn't get done in the morning, it doesn't get done.

Yep! Totally agree with this! Out of bed, glass of water and get on with it!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Workout at a time that you feel you are at your best in RE to motivation and energy to put in 100%.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Honestly, I think this is also personal preference. Find what gives you the energy to get through a workout, and do it.

Most experts recommend exercising about an hour after a meal. This is supposed to give your body time to digest, and put the food to work, but it all depends on what your meal is, how big it is, etc. Since I like to workout first thing in the morning, I don't always have time for that hour of digestion, so I eat something small, go to the gym, and do my workout. If I eat something too large, I feel sluggish, and my workouts suffer.

Do what works for you.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    There is no better time than now :flowerforyou: