Need Friends for Motivation

Options
I have been trying to get friends and family to join this site with me so I can have some support and no one is really interested. Or they sign up and never post works-outs or food logs. I would love to have some friends on here who actively log in so I can be motivated by their commitment. I have tried MFP before, but find that I am not successful when I am only accountable to myself, if I know others are involved I tend to do a better job at making it a priority. Thanks to everyone who is wiling to share healthy life journey with me.

Replies

• Ackshrn
    Ackshrn Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me... I have difficulty motivating myself as well :)
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There is another thread that can find you friends, But friend me as I need someone who can do what you are looking for. Perhaps we can help each other and stay on the plan.
  • socalnikki22
    socalnikki22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally know the feeling! I would love to help you out, friend request you in a minute!
  • itsSEBRINA
    Options
    Hey there!!
    You can add me if you like!!
    Everyone needs an accountability partner!! =)
  • sunshineandprayers
    sunshineandprayers Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can I just say I am so moved by how quickly people responded. Feel motivation already!!!
  • momnicab
    momnicab Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Rosalina, my name is Momnica. I totally understand what you are saying, you can add me to your friend list. I would enjoy the extra support as well as give that extra support.
  • judykaycowan
    Options
    Friend me..........I've just started today also and needs lots of motivation:flowerforyou:
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Very early on, when I was first losing weight, I discovered that having public support was one of the most essential parts to my success. I posted and blogged on facebook weekly posted progress pics on a monthly basis. At first it was a little frightening (pictures of me online in my undies was slightly uncomfortable) but ultimately, it made the challenge that much more real and the motivation I received from my friends was even more powerful and useful. (Many of my friends told me that they didn't even realize I was as overweight as I was, because I was very good at covering up and hiding my weight)

So support is absolutely fundamental - please feel free to add me! I love supporting people in a healthier lifestyle :)
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I definately need some motivation as I'm getting married next year and have about 6 stone to lose so I need all the support I can get :-) xx
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too.
  • avargas15
    avargas15 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just started again today, and really want to be part of a team that is high on motivating each other. Looks like a good one! You guys rock!
  • Lbriggs82
    Options
    I also need help and friends! :) Feel free to add me people!
  • CelesteTX
    CelesteTX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I need friends as well for encouragement! today is my first official day to Healthy/ weightlost Land!!! I am excited. I will start with the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels.
  • farmgirl1973
    farmgirl1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. This is my second go with MFP and it is so much better with friends to motivate you. Feel free to add me for support.
  • jmessina205
    jmessina205 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs a little support to be successful. Anyone can feel free to add me!!
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I just joined last week - and the encouragement received is so motivating!
  • Lovesqueezins
    Options
    Hi I've recently come back to MFP to try again. I registered before but didn't actually achieve anything with it at all. This time I'm determined to use the app on my phone and keep up with the site too.
    I would really appreciate some support and am happy to give it too!
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :-)
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I lost motivation last time I started because I was doing it alone. You can friend me!