Appetizer (antipasto type)

Options
Vikingz45
Vikingz45 Posts: 10 Member
I personally love bread and anything bread like so it has been a little tough trying to change my eating habits. One thing I do enjoy though is appetisers while watching the football game. I have recently changed one of my favourite recipees to be a little more friendly to new eating habits, I am not gonna type the "d" word. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Premiere Moison - Demi Baguette Bread, 1 Loaf 50 g (This is the box of 12 baguettes I can get at Costco)
Silani - Extra Smooth Ricotta Cheese - Light, 10 tbsp (75g)
Fresh - Garlic Clove, 9 cloves (9 g)
Oil - Olive, 0.13 tablespoon
Unico - Roasted Red Peppers, 0.5 jar (370 ml)

cal carb fat prot
Total: 715 123 9 31
Per Serving: 30 5 0 1

There are 24 servings

I take a whole garlic and roast it, I have a very inexpensive terra cotta roaster that can be used in the microwave or oven. I add a couple drops of olive oil to it so the garlic does not stick to it, that is why it says 0.13 tablespoon (i did not make that measurement the recipe planner here did). Basically I cut the baguette into 24 1/4 inch slices and put them on a baking sheet and mildly toast them in the oven until a little colour shows. While this is happening I chop the roasted garlic fine and mix the ricotta with it. I evenly spread this mixture on all the slices using it all up. I then add the red peppers to it and sprinkle a small amount balsamic on it. Granted this is not the antipasto I grew up and grew large with, but it does remind me a little of home and at 30 calories each I can have a few and not feel like I fell off the wagon.