Gamers?

Options
So just wondering how many people on here are gamers.. Not just videogames but also who enjoys boardgames, card games and RPGs.

I find when I get together with friends we tend to do quite a bit of snacking, order a pizza and generally eat a lot of unhelathy foods.. Anyone have any ideas on alternatives?

Replies

• nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Gamer here. Everything from card and board games, Darts, Bolo, Washers and other lawn games, to old school MUDs and new school (newest addiction) SKYRIM!

One thing I've done in the past, for electronic gaming anyway, is any time you die, are arrested, fail a quest, mission, etc... do 15 reps of something. I have had sessions of Grand Theft Auto that leave me more sore than bootcamp :)

Happy Gaming

Also, edit to add www.skinnytaste.com has gerat low cal snack recipes
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    gamer!
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    video game nerd...but usually only on a fri and/or saturday to play friends

bf3.jpg

Why all the junk food when you hang out? Healthy alternatives?....but yeah, pizza and crappy foods always good when you're all together just shooting the ****e.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    We have 18 or 19 different versions of Monopoly in the closet. We've also got lots of different card games.

JM
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Gamer here. Everything from card and board games, Darts, Bolo, Washers and other lawn games, to old school MUDs and new school (newest addiction) SKYRIM!

One thing I've done in the past, for electronic gaming anyway, is any time you die, are arrested, fail a quest, mission, etc... do 15 reps of something. I have had sessions of Grand Theft Auto that leave me more sore than bootcamp :)

Happy Gaming

Also, edit to add www.skinnytaste.com has gerat low cal snack recipes

Skyrim is awesome! One of the best games ever!
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Oh, gamer, me? Nahhhhh not even close! PSHH of course! There are a lot of awesome gamers on this site!
    Join the MFP gamer group! Tons of cool peeps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/19-mfp-gamers

Also, I just avoid the kitchen during game time and if I do snack, I snack on whatever I want as long as it's within the "calorie" limit!

PC gamer here. LoL. WoW. Skyrim. Minecraft. You get it.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm a total geek >.> I mean jock hahaha xD jk I love RPG's my fav's are *Skyrim, Dragon age, Mass effect* I don't like shooters though ^_^
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a FPS gamer on Xbox.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    i love games!!! esp boardgames!
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    XBOX Gamer here.... Luv COD!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I am really big into RPGs and play everything from tabletop to MMOs. I also collect Monopoly boards and have somewhere near 60 editions floating around my house. Got my start with Beyond the Beyond way back on Playstation and moved into other things from there. I got my tabletop start with Vampire: the Masquerade and then branched out to White Wolf's other games and got into D&D in college.

Now, I have added forum-based role playing to my list.
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    I'm a total geek >.> I mean jock hahaha xD jk I love RPG's my fav's are *Skyrim, Dragon age, Mass effect* I don't like shooters though ^_^

Dragon Age is great! I really like the first one over the second one.. Had more of a classical RPG type feel to it..

I thought about checking out Mass Effect but then it came out pretty quick how lots of gamers got seriously POed by the ending of the game. Apparently having only one ending to a game where you make game changing decisions over three different games wasn't the way to go. LOL
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Gamer girl here :) Now it's mostly RPGs. And then Nintendo stuff with the kids. It's fun that the kids are old enough now to play with me.
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    I am really big into RPGs and play everything from tabletop to MMOs. I also collect Monopoly boards and have somewhere near 60 editions floating around my house. Got my start with Beyond the Beyond way back on Playstation and moved into other things from there. I got my tabletop start with Vampire: the Masquerade and then branched out to White Wolf's other games and got into D&D in college.

Nothing like table top RPGs. :)

While video games can do a lot they really can't recreate the feel of sitting around a table with friends, rolling dice and having a good time.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    playstation player here and pc gamer.. (mmorpgs)

i play games like 5 hrs a day lmao, is it bad for my health? maybe...

but considering i work out 45mins a day (H.I.I.T) , and work only 10hrs a week (own my own business consulting)

games keep me entertained and keeps me on my fitness / health goals :)
  • Hoebilly
    Options
    Also a gamer here, Xbox is my choice, love RPG's like Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion, Read Dead, etc. My problem is always getting too caught up in whatever I was playing and forgetting to eat all day. Both things are bad, too much sitting around and not eating enough and when I did eat, it was bad stuff. Anyways, I've decided to try to keep healthier options in my reach when i'm gaming now, and force myself to go for a walk when I die or realize how long ive been playing ^__^
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I play strategics games: Settlers of Catan, Zombie Dice, Munchkin, Tsuro. etc

I usually make that night my cheat night or bring my own snacks
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Nothing like table top RPGs. :)

While video games can do a lot they really can't recreate the feel of sitting around a table with friends, rolling dice and having a good time.

I agree completely! There was nothing better than meeting up with friends once or twice a week to get back into the story. It was fun for us as players to see what we could do to drive the DM crazy, but it always came back to bite us later lol. We were a group of primarily females, so it was always fun to go together into the local gaming store.
  • nbhobbes
    Options
    Gamer girl here :) Now it's mostly RPGs. And then Nintendo stuff with the kids. It's fun that the kids are old enough now to play with me.

While I don't have kids of my own, I gotta admit I was pretty psyched when my nephew started gaming.. He's mostly a video gamer but it is fun sharing games with him every now and again..
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    PC gamer here. I find that I get so engrossed in the game that eating is an annoyance!