Help..

Options
I haven't been on MFP in a couple weeks. I've been slipping and losing motivation. Today is March 1st and I feel like I'm getting back on track..

Please someone give me some words of encouragement. I don't want to give up.

Replies

• StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    don't give up! I have been on the site almost 2 weeks and have lost already 6 pounds. it's not a whole lot but a great start for me. do this site for a week straight then decide if you want to leave. I bet you will have a good outcome and then you will be more motivated... you can do it! aren't you sick of not getting it done!?
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Write yourself something to read everytime you feel like you are losing focus. Make sure you write it at a point when you are feeling GREAT about making this change. It will be there to remind you of why you are doing this.

You want to live a long time, perhaps see your children get married, your grandchildren being born, you want to complete an Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Walk, you want to fit into "those" jeans, you want your husband (or new boyfriend or future man) to love the way you look, you want a stronger heart....there are a MILLION reasons to want this.

You are on here, you recognize you are losing focus and you are asking for help! To me, that's a GREAT start!!

You can do this!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Well - I can tell you that you don't want to do what I did... last March I started MFP. I lost 30 lbs in about 4 months. It looked like I could reach my goal weight in 12-18 months. I was pumped...
    Then we went on vacation. Then we went to a wedding wear I sprained my ankle dancing. Then my sons football season started. Then the Holidays. And before I knew it... I had gained back 20 of the 30 lbs that I had lost.... and it was February. So... here I am again... knowing that 2010 won't be the year that I reach my goal weight... I lost a lot of months - and that time flew by! I am determined that I will meet my goal in 2011.
    You can do this! Go for a 10 minute walk and eat an apple... it's amazing how good "being good" feels.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Make a point t get on the website daily and just read the postings... they help keep me motivated! :bigsmile:
  • countingdown
    countingdown Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Make a point t get on the website daily and just read the postings... they help keep me motivated! :bigsmile:

This is so true. I don't post much but just reading the success stories and there is so much information on here, it helps a great deal in keeping me motivated.
  • moviestar
    Options
    We have all been there, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start fresh today. We have 3 weeks till spring, pretty soon we'll have to shed the winter gear and then the world will know what we did all winter. Why not make it a pleasant surprise!! Good luck, we're pulling for you!!