HELP...I need to grab a meal on the go!

Options
I forgot to grab my dinner for the evening and am going to have to eat something on the run. I'm leaving work to head to the gym and by the time I get done there it will be too late to eat.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• summer6102
    Options
    baked potato at wendys or if you can run in a store and get healthy choice steamers and an apple
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    sushi and a fruit salad?
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    1/2 of chicken cool wrap at chick filet, no dressing.
    subway salad or fit n fresh sandwich
    grilled chicken salad from a pizza shop or restaurant
  • Tibur86
    Tibur86 Posts: 24
    Options
    I just had a subway turkey & ham on 9 grain wheat with american cheese and veggies for lunch. YUMMMMM!! With Spicy Chipotle Sun Chips and tea... 540 cals.
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chick fil a -- Grilled chicken sandwich, fruit, and water...400 calories.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    You should eat something before and after your workout. So if you eat your dinner beforehand, make sure you get in 200-300 calories after as well.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think this is something we all need...so I will be watching this too!
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Go into a store and grab a Greek yogurt (non fat) and some cottage cheese and fruit! =) Eat the yogurt after you work out. You should always eat after you work out. You should eat something before as well. A Think Thin Bar is always a good choice.

Otherwise, go to port of subs. Or grab an all white meat chicken teriyaki bowl with brown rice and steamed veggies. (I only eat half the rice since it holds a lot of calories)
  • Dlhigh
    Dlhigh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have Quiznos nearby or Panda Express.

Quiznos Honey Bourbon Chicken On Wheat With a cup of Chili I think is about 420 Calories, and it's really good. And Panda Express has menu items that are less than 250 calories each, so get a panda bowl with one of those items. And you are good to go.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    PB&J with raisins or grapes or an apple.

My PB&J is Polenar sweetened only with juice Jelly + Naturally More 100% natural Peanut Butter + Nature's Own Bread.
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    Subway: For 350 calories you can get... oven roasted chicken salad w/ fat-free Italian dressing (185 calories/19 g protein/4 fiber) and bag of sliced apples (35 calories/2 fiber) and a Berry 'Liscious & banana Fruizle (fruit smoothie) 130 calories/1g fiber . I ask them to add spinach and onions and all the veggies to the salad for extra nutrition, too. Balanced nutrition, protein, high fiber, and low sodium (less than 500 g -- not bad for fast food).
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I LOVE the mcdonalds grilled chicken southwest salad. i think it only has about 250 calories, and it is a lot of food!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    wendys chili is a great choice for something really quick
  • angelatheart2
    Options
    i always go to wendys for the caesar side salad and half a baked potato plain.