Foods that noticeably clear complexion

Options
Sorry...wasn't sure what topic to put this in.

Can anyone suggest foods, etc that you have noticed cleared your complexion? First hand, not things you have read will do it. My face is very blotchy, i know i need to drink more water, but what else will work?:embarassed:

Replies

• ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I would also love to know this!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but a friend of mine said that she has noticed that my complexion looks better just because I've been eating better. I think just a general healthier diet along with an increase in water intake helps. When your body is getting better nutrition it's going to show in your complexion.
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Garlic used to help if I was oily/spotty. But I really notice a difference in softness and even tone when Im eating salmon or mackeral maybe 4 days of the week and also avocados. Healthy fats :)
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who claims that her complexion cleared up after she quit dairy. I notice that mine gets icky if I've eaten too many fried things.
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    When I give up sugar, my complexion becomes clearer in a few days.
    It has also improved since I was forced to quit dairy.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I don't think even a juice detox would help me. It's mostly hormones, and my mom still has acne in her 50's, and my grandpa....
    so I'm stuck with it. Although, I have noticed in the last couple years, I'm 30, my face is more normal than covered in oil slick every morning and afternoon, like when I was a teenager. my hair is a little less oily too.

Although, not a food, clay masks really help.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    What is your diagnosis? There is no one size fits all approach for every dermatological complaint.
  • spartania
    Options
    Gluten was my big change...my skin is so much better without it in my system.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Peach.

Google it. :wink:
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    More water, and a vitamin D supplement helped mine. :)
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Water has made a big difference to mine! x
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Pineapple has been wonderful for my skin.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Like someone else has said, a better diet overall will improve skin. I don't think there is a certain food to help clear skin. Just keep up with water too :)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Eating clean helps mine. That and fish oil.
  • ShanImogen
    Options
    As crazy as this sounds;
    sugar and honey, but not to eat!

Add sugar to some warm water and use as an exfoliator. Then use all natural honey as a face mask. The natural ingredients work wonders. I've had seriously bad skin since I was a young teen, and it makes such an amazing difference! (Avoid store brand products, they usually contain a stupid amount of chemicals which can irritate your skin and make it worse) xx
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I find lots of water and healthy fats helps my skin look better... But honestly, mine looks like **** 99% of the time too.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    More about what I don't eat than what I do. No more bobbing for bacon.
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I'm not sure about foods that you EAT to make your skin better, but you can use an egg as a face mask (helps with acne).

Separate the egg and smear the white all over your face. Let it dry til it feels tight, then rinse it off with water. Then, use the yolk the same way. The egg whites act as a deep cleanser and the yolks, as a moisturizer. My face felt super soft after doing this. Don't do it every day though...

You can also steam your face once or twice a week. Boil some water and pour it into a deep, wide bowl with some herbs (oregano, mint, rosemary, etc). Hold your face above the water, but not so close that you burn, and drape a towel over your head to trap in the steam. Steam for about 15 minutes. I like to use headphones and listen to some really mellow meditative music while I do this (like Woods by Bon Iver). As soon as your 15 minutes is up, rinse your face with cool water to close your pores.

Not exactly what you asked for, but maybe it'll help you or some of these other folks :)
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I still have some issues, but nothing like I used to. I don't have one thing, but I would say it was switching from processed foods to natural foods.
  • Cindy_38
    Options
    Here's one that sounds even crazier - Olive Oil!

When I was pregnant with my first child, my skin turned blotchy, dry and just plain horrible. Everyone told me that it was hormones...but he's now eight and I still had issues with my skin. That is until I came across oil cleansing. It sounded like the craziest and easiest thing in the world...because I feel I've tried everything...and I mean everything - food avoidance, expensive and/or, drug-store products and nothing worked. Then I was browsing the internet and came across oil cleansing and it was so simple that I thought I would give it a try. When your face is dry, lightly rub olive oil all over...take a facecloth and dampen it with very warm water and hold it on your face and then eventually gently wipe the olive oil off. Pat dry and then add your moisturizer. The redness disappeared within a week.