Help :(

Options
I feel like im losing weight but the scales stayed the same for pretty much all week, i am beyond frustrated! Is it possible to be smaller but keeping the scales the same?

Replies

• Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The scale shouldn't be the "be all end all" of losing weight. You can lose inches, too. Are you strength training? Gaining muscle will tone you up - but not necessarily make the scale move.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am sure it is. I went through this before and was told the inches can come off and if the scale doesnt budge it eventually catches up. I generally loose inches first, I got alot of compliments about loosing "weight" but the scale barely moved. Dont get discouraged keep going and it will all fall into place :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Yes.

You should probably pick up a book or something about weight loss and getting physically fit or you're going to get super confused going about all this with no knowledge of what's happening. That's called planning to fail.

Good luck on either losing some fat or water or losing your muscle mass from inactivity :drinker:
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank for the answers. I am always below my calories and I exercise. This week I am going to start going to the gym 3x a week and ZUMBA 2x. I naturally am pretty muscular and I dont want to bulk up too much because if I do start strength training I bulk up fast. In high school I was 155lbs and in a size 3/5 I am 5'4. I def didnt look 155lbs more like 120. Any more suggestions?
  • yoovie
    Options
    yeah, that BS you just said about bulking up is impossible. unless you think that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, based on no pattern in your history, starting tomorrow, you are going to wake up and have as much dedication and determination as a professional bodybuilder...adn be able to train like one, sans motivation, for the next five years.

if you wake up that dedicated tomorrow, quit your job and work with a trainer for 5 hours a day on a special diet... I'll fly to the moon. With the wings I sprout.
  • AbbyLynne2246
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat!
    I am expecting to gain weight before I lose any because it takes muscle to get rid of fat, and I dont have any muscle.

Look at your measurments MORE than the scale, Your waist will tell you what's up.
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the POSITIVE answers, I will start measuring. Don't worry sweetie, I have all the time in the world to work out since I don't work :} Please keep your snotty commets to yourself they are not welcome! Sounds like you should be working on YOURSELF rather then giving other people ill advice.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat!
    I am expecting to gain weight before I lose any because it takes muscle to get rid of fat, and I dont have any muscle.

Look at your measurments MORE than the scale, Your waist will tell you what's up.

false
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm losing slow on the scale but losing inches in the right places and showing muscles I didn't see a few months ago. So meh, as long as the waist keeps dropping inches ,my strength increases and muscle keep showing better I'm happy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Necro!