Blender's that chop up ice

Options
Opinion needed for all my homemade smoothie people, what's the best reasonably priced Blender that can chop ice with no problem? I can't afford to pay $300 :)

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja 1100. It chops ice really well. It also makes dough (cookie, bread, pizza) if you have any desire to do that.:bigsmile:

ETA: I paid about $150.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Opinion needed for all my homemade smoothie people, what's the best reasonably priced Blender that can chop ice with no problem? I can't afford to pay $300 :)
    I have a $15 Osterizer that chops ice just fine.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oster auto-reverse I got at Target for much less than that.
    http://www.amazon.com/Oster-BVCB07-Z-Counterforms-7-Speed-Stainless/dp/B002RBXHSC

Never gotten stuck with ice, even once.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja 1100. It chops ice really well. It also makes dough (cookie, bread, pizza) if you have any desire to do that.:bigsmile:

ETA: I paid about $150.

I used to sell a bunch of blenders (and Im a smoothie freak) and the good yet somewhat inexpensive ones are the NINJA ^^^ (I WISH I HAD ONE) and I like the BlendTec as well!! :D
  • srsturm
    srsturm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my KitchenAid KSB560 for $100.
    http://www.consumersearch.com/blenders/kitchenaid-ksb560
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja as well but the less fancy model for about $40. It came with a large pitcher and smaller container. Turns the ice into snow!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this Oster Blender I got from Walmart for $30! It comes with sport cups that you just put a lid on and go ... It chops very nicely and all i have to do is put the sport lid on and go...

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?sku=18573172&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CNjqmrri1rQCFeZDMgodk3MAbQ

I also own a Magic Bullet and a Black and Decker Smoothie Blender, as well as a Margarita Machine.. and I still use my Oster everyday over the MB and the B&D...
  • krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja as well but the less fancy model for about $40. It came with a large pitcher and smaller container. Turns the ice into snow!

I have the $40 ninja as well and it works great!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Got the $100 Ninja and we are so in love with it. It works for everything!
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Make sure the jar isn't \ / shaped, the bottom should be almost, if not as large as the top. Ice gets stuck in the small bottoms and that is often the problem.

Working at BB&B as a kid actually came in handy today, we had a class on appliances :p
  • nmp6454
    nmp6454 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my KitchenAid. It is about 4.5 years old and still blends/chops ice as well as it did when we bought it. It was used daily to chop ice for most of those 4.5 years. I think it was about $100ish.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Make sure the jar isn't \ / shaped, the bottom should be almost, if not as large as the top. Ice gets stuck in the small bottoms and that is often the problem.

Working at BB&B as a kid actually came in handy today, we had a class on appliances :p
    Mine is that shape and I haven't, in eight years, had that problem.
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I have choices now. My blender seemed like it had problems this morning and I love my smoothies.